What are you most excited to see this upcoming season??

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
I think for me it is a tie between seeing how JVR fits into the mix and what Carlyle is gonna do?? I really want to see JVR brings to this team and if he can live up to his potential. I also really want to see what Carlyle can do though feel he got slighted again with a shortened season, no exhibition games and little time to prepare.

Second would be what the young guys are gonna bring (Mainly Gardiner, Frattin and Kadri?)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The moves Burke will make.

For players it would be JVR, Komorov and Ranger.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Opening night across the league to hear the boos cascading down upon stunned players.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
It's gotta be JVR. Not much else to be overly excited about at the moment as a Leaf fan.

To a lesser extent Kadri, assuming he can crack the NHL roster and stay up there.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Part of me is also excited though also disappointed to see what Reimer and Scrivens might do.

I have very low expectations for Luongo coming here since he has been working out with Allaire for weeks.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Randy Carlyle, the system he implements and how the players take to it is going to be the most influential thing in terms of how well the team does.

That's going to be more impactful than any individual effort from JVR or Reimer or anybody.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Komarov for me. Interested to see how JVR fits in the line up.

Can't wait to see what Carlyle does and how the team embraces his system. I think Lupul's playing time under Carlyle could play a big factor in whether Lupul even considers resigning with the team.

Hope to see Ranger get a shot. With Ranger's play in the Marlies and a strong, big bodied dman in Holzer, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't resign Franson.

Also want a goalie - but with a shortened season, I'm not paying that much attention to the goalie situation.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Randy Carlyle, the system he implements and how the players take to it is going to be the most influential thing in terms of how well the team does.

That's going to be more impactful than any individual effort from JVR or Reimer or anybody.

JvR is going to score 110+ points so jokes on you :sarcasm:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Opening night across the league to hear the boos cascading down upon stunned players.

The silent ones that don't show up at all are going to make the greatest noise in response to the lockout.

For me with the lockout and veteran players being rusty and little room for error for losses in a shortened season, we should expect to see more "play the kids", many which have been playing for the Marlies and in top hockey form getting real chances to perform.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I was hoping to see Gardiner pick up where he left off end of last season, but with his injury my expectations have been tempered.

Next it would certainly be JVR, but I'm equally curious how L Schenn does in Philly.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Odds that Dion runs someone over in the first game back to set the tempo?

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Reimer stoning someone on a shootout
Phaneuf crunching someone into the boards
Grabovski dangling through the neutral zone
Kessel sniping a wrist shot in the slot on the PP
Lupul playmaking with Kessel
McClement playing stifling PK defense
Browns speed and tenacity
Kulemins board work
Connolly hopefully not getting injured at all even in a shortened season
Komisarek getting benched
Gardiners beautiful skating
JVR seeing him in the Blue and White
Schenn not having to see him handle a puck or on this team

Just a few things :P

Kyle Doobas*

I'm excited that we might actually have six defensemen who don't handle the puck like a grenade.

Komarov as well. I've been saying he'd be a fan favourite here for ages so it'll be nice to finally see him in a Leafs uniform.

Action Jackson

Jul 5, 2010
Very excited to watch JVR play, kid is a stud and I think he'll be dynamite with the ice time he'll presumeably get in Toronto.

Also can't wait to see this team play 50 games, i think our core is going to make strides towards becoming a playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad