What are you most excited to see in 2018-19

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I think it's fair to say that we all have relatively realistic expectations for this team. I think it's reasonable to say that this club will be competitive most nights, but probably will miss out on the playoffs.

But what are you most excited to see? For me it's the continuing development of Ryan Pulock. I think we have something incredibly special here and I can definitely see him breaking the 50 point barrier this year. I think by years end he'll surpass Leddy as our best Dman and best option for QBing the PP.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
%500 till thanksgiving would be great, give me two months to watch some games. I don't watch once it becomes certain they will be a bad team. Which is usually three weeks into the season. If they can have a great first half and bad second half that would be better then just being bad right away.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
To be a little serious for a moment...

I look forward to another season as an Isles fan interacting with all of you demented folks here on HF Isles. With the recent sad news of Fugu passing, it's great to be a part of this community with all of you that she and so many others played a big role in molding into what it is today. Cheers to her and she'll be missed.

Thanks to Sal, PK, and Eck dealing with our crap. LGI!

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Things I'm looking forward to this season:

1. Barzal obviously.
2. Pulock taking steps towards being a solid top-4 guy and maybe even a top-2.
3. What Toews can do once he gets in the lineup, which will be sooner than later.
4. Severely limiting shots and goals against.
5. Creating a culture and structure of winning and respect for the first time since Al Arbour, even though we probably won't see the results for a year or two.
6. Continuing to dominate the Rags.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Barzal
Pulock
Toews
AB
Lee/Eberle situation
and watching the rags prospects underwhelm setting panic in their impatient fan base
Pajamas struggling

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Barzal, Pulock, Lee, MC2 line, seeing how Trotz changes the culture. But most of all, I'm really looking forward to the games at the Coliseum. I've made the best of Barclays but going to games at the Coliseum again, tailgating, and rocking the barn is going to be surreal given all that's happened recently.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
1. Defensive structure
2. (Hopefully) growth from the youngsters after last year's baptism by fire
3. Strong special teams
4. Barzal equaling last year's performance
5. A good Lou surprise at the deadline

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
The Islanders looking like we are playing actual NHL hockey. You turn on the national broadcast games and we look like we are in another league.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Barzal
Pulock
Toews
Beau
Bellows at some point

The Bell Parkway Bullies (Martin, CC, CC, Komarov, and Johnston) wreaking havoc.

Tom Wilson getting fed his lunch.

Toronto still having now cup since color photos came out.

The Real JT

The slate is clean. LGI
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Ho Sang finally achieving his potential and becoming a productive top 6 forward
Bellows exceeding expectations out of the gate on his first call up
Barzal continuing to blow away expectations: Hart finalist this year
Nelson growing a pair, having a solid first half and then flipping him at the trade deadline
Martin recreating the 4th line of old
A big year for the Sound Tigers: Winning attitude for the youngsters needs to start there

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The end of the Brock Nelson era (hopefully) and Uncle Leo in regular season games because Uncle Leo does what Uncle Leo wants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad