What are you doing with your league now?

Kearns

Too good to be true, no?
Jun 7, 2008
Kamloops, BC
We have a 14 team keeper league. Active rosters include 9F, 4D, 1G. We use the salary cap with no limit to the number of players we can have under the cap. We have a farm of up to 5 players that do not count against the cap. The farm players need to have played 25 NHL games or less. We use PIMs, with each NHL PIM counting as .1 for us - this helps us with ties.

The winner takes home $700CAD. Second is worth $300 and third takes home $100. Our playoffs allocate the rest of the money. The league is a $100 buy in each season. We've been running it for 21 years.

Coming into the COVID-19 shutdown, we had a very nice race for first underway. Less than 11 points separated #1 and #2. Three teams were in the hunt for the 3rd spot. Teams 1 and 2 had opened a gap on the rest of the field.

If the league cancels the season, what are you doing with your league? How will you allocate cash money?

I am opening this thread because I am trying to gather ideas. Eventually I will need to poll our managers with options. Thanks for any time/interest you have.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Since you have a gap between 2 and 3, you could split the top 2 prizes between 1 and 2. But give the championship to #1.

Then take the 200$ left and split it in 12 parts as a small rebate for next year between the other 12.

Last edited:

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
straight points or roto leagues are pretty easy to resolve . if theres no more regular season games then the standings when league shutdown are your results .

h2h leagues that put all winnings into the playoff results could just apply the winnings towards regular season results instead . Thats the meat and potatoes of the league anyways imo .

h2h leagues that award some payout to regular season as well as playoff winner can do the same ^^

Kearns

Too good to be true, no?
Jun 7, 2008
Kamloops, BC
NORiculous, Isles72, alko - thanks for the replies. I am still not sure how we'll end up handling this for our points-only league (+PIMS). It seems like guys want to just award the teams for where they ended up, maybe with an asterisk on the trophy. More ideas are welcome!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I was wondering these things myself. My thoughts as a fantasy league you are totally dependent on the league your fantasy league is based on. If/When the NHL declares the season ended and makes final individual player point totals official, there is your results. Unless you have some sort of fantasy league bylaws on having to play a 82 game schedule.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I think you have to go with the fantasy regular season standings if the real league cancels the regular season.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Carry it over to next season and have a massive pot. You will see ALOT of trade activity and teams making massive pushes

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I paid out everyone equally, and returned everyones money that already paid for my baseball league
my Cash Dynasty which Im NJ so u can imagine Im near the bottom of the league is in limbo. waiting to hear so alot of cash waiting to be distributed
my free Dynasty League I recreated the teams in NHL20 and recorded it on my PS4 threw on youtube and I dunno if were gnna roll with it but its kinda cool to see how things play out

Reactions: Kearns

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
And this happens often??

disputes happen all the time. I took over a pay league that had been around for ten years one year due to my friend being unavailable and it became obvious that four teams had been up to no good for years with how they did trades

For me the only time money leagues work is if you physically know everyone in the league

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
disputes happen all the time. I took over a pay league that had been around for ten years one year due to my friend being unavailable and it became obvious that four teams had been up to no good for years with how they did trades

For me the only time money leagues work is if you physically know everyone in the league

one year leagues with fresh redraft and a entry fee that you can afford to lose is alright . if anything fishy happens that goes unresolved just leave at seasons end and join another group .

Reactions: Kearns

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I've got a similar problem to others here I am sure.

I am in a H2H league but we use the NHL'S playoffs as our own.
We have a 16 team league with the top 8 teams making the playoffs. It would sound simple enough to just match the NHL, say by going to 1-4 bye, 5 v 12... Format.

But because our playoffs matches the NHL our teams trade off what would have been non playoff teams. And if the NHL has a bye, some of our best teams will have their players play fewer games.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I've got a similar problem to others here I am sure.

I am in a H2H league but we use the NHL'S playoffs as our own.
We have a 16 team league with the top 8 teams making the playoffs. It would sound simple enough to just match the NHL, say by going to 1-4 bye, 5 v 12... Format.

But because our playoffs matches the NHL our teams trade off what would have been non playoff teams. And if the NHL has a bye, some of our best teams will have their players play fewer games.
NHL yahoo fantasy might just continue from that playoff week that was paused. Straight from the real life playoffs of the nhl. Yeah there's only 24 teams left in the NHL, in the playoffs, but y'all agree that it would be important to finish these fantasy leagues too right? Even if the NHL plays straight from the playoffs? Its very important for us fantasy league players to get our leagues to the finish too no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad