What are these skates compared to the 2010 line

adaptation

Jan 3, 2011
Im buying these skates for 300$, im meeting the seller who told me they are brand new reebok 9k special nhl edition.. However theres 2 things i don't understand

- the nhl logo in the back is unlike most reebok 9k iv seen
- the blade is not the standard reebok one

Am i getting scammed? Is this worth it?

And where does this skate compare to the reebok 2010 line? thx.

Last edited:

member 30781

look like 1st generation 9k's to me. released in 2007 i believe.

Im no connoisseur when it comes to hockey skates but if thats the case you are paying an arm and a leg for skates that are 4 years old, even if they are brand new. Id pay 100 bucks probably. Maybe less.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
Im no connoisseur when it comes to hockey skates but if thats the case you are paying an arm and a leg for skates that are 4 years old, even if they are brand new. Id pay 100 bucks probably. Maybe less.

as long as they're brand new, unbaked, then i'd say $300 isn't too much of an over payment. even though they're older model skates, i'd say $100 is more of an insult than the $300 he's asking. you gotta remember, even though they're 2 generations old, these were top of the line skates that retailed for $500+. a more fair price to me would be in the $200-250 range give or take.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Newer model 9Ks are retailing in stores in Canada for $370, and online in the states for $330:
http://www.cyclonetaylor.com/skates/hockey/sktrbk9k08sr.html
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rbk-hockey-skates-9k-pump-sr-08.html

Remember that if you buy skates in a store you can try on tonnes of pairs, and get the ones that fit you perfectly, getting some random skates you've never tried on is a pure game of chance regarding fit and is IMO a terrible idea. Plus when you buy skates in a store they will bake, profile and sharpen them for free (assuming it's a good store). I wouldn't do this, unless you already know that this model, size and width is a perfect fit for your feet, and even then I'd look to pay more like $250. But really, you should just go to a local hockey shop and try on a bunch of $300ish skates, and get the ones that fit you best.

adaptation

Jan 3, 2011
Will try to get them for 200$. I will get to try them on before buying so that relieves me, on the other hand the fact that some are talking about a 2007 skate worries me. I will try it and see afterwards i guess.

Thx everyone for the help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->