What are the projected 8 defenseman for Team USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Matt Carle, Jeff Likens, Corey Potter, Mark Stuart, Ryan Suter, and James Wisniewski were the 6 dmen named to the preliminary roster...

no official announcement has been named but apparantly Richmond and Dylan Reese will be the other 2

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
NYR469 said:
Matt Carle, Jeff Likens, Corey Potter, Mark Stuart, Ryan Suter, and James Wisniewski were the 6 dmen named to the preliminary roster...

no official announcement has been named but apparantly Richmond and Dylan Reese will be the other 2

Of this group, is Suter considered the favorite to pull down 1st pairing honors?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
SmokeyClause said:
Of this group, is Suter considered the favorite to pull down 1st pairing honors?

I'd say so since he's the most talented of the group.

But Mark Stuart has the experience of last years team and very talented himself.

It's possible they could both play on the first pairing, but I'm willing to bet they will be split up.

Maybe something along the lines of Mark Stuart and James Wiesnewski and Ryan Suter and Matt Carle and then maybe Corey Potter and Danny Richmond making up the final pairing?

puck bunny

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Brock said:
I'd say so since he's the most talented of the group.

But Mark Stuart has the experience of last years team and very talented himself.

It's possible they could both play on the first pairing, but I'm willing to bet they will be split up.

Maybe something along the lines of Mark Stuart and James Wiesnewski and Ryan Suter and Matt Carle and then maybe Corey Potter and Danny Richmond making up the final pairing?

I think wiz and stuart could be the first pairing because they have been paired together at Under 18 and under 17s...However Wiz will be on the first power play so I don't know if he will get the first pairing or not

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Brock or others...

Wisniewski - he has competed pretty impressively at the OHL level and in junior tournaments and has had excellent stats. I've never heard any complaints about his character or work ethic either. Is he just a guy people are not expecting to be able to transition to the NHL level? He gets plenty of respect for being a very good junior age player but very little recognition as an NHL prospect it seems.

puck bunny

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Foppa said:
Brock or others...

Wisniewski - he has competed pretty impressively at the OHL level and in junior tournaments and has had excellent stats. I've never heard any complaints about his character or work ethic either. Is he just a guy people are not expecting to be able to transition to the NHL level? He gets plenty of respect for being a very good junior age player but very little recognition as an NHL prospect it seems.

He has had a great Junior career. He is very gifted offensivley and has improved on his defense. He wasn't drafted high in the draft even though he was a top prospect because (knock on wood) he got hurt at Under 18's which was the last playing time he had before his draft year.

THis year you knew the offense would be there and it was a question of seeing how his defense has come along and he has improved dramatically. If he doens't sign with Chicago there will be teams interested in signing him.

He is 5'11'' inch 210 lbs. so is Trevor Daly who is in Dallas's Farm system who has a simular game as Wisniewski and is actually shorter than Wisniewski and Wisniewski has better offensive stats in his career than Daley so Wisinewski should get his shot.

Sammy*

puck bunny said:
He is 5'11'' inch 210 lbs. so is Trevor Daly who is in Dallas's Farm system who has a simular game as Wisniewski and is actually shorter than Wisniewski and Wisniewski has better offensive stats in his career than Daley so Wisinewski should get his shot.
Wisinewski goes not have better career stats than Daley.
For the prior three years ending in 02/03, in 162 games Daley had 43 goals, 99 assists. Wisinewski in that same time period played 167 games, with 35 goals, 82 assists.
The one year Daley played in the OHL & Wisinewski didnt (99/00), Daley played 54 games & had 16 goals, 30 assists.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Sammy said:
Wisinewski goes not have better career stats than Daley.
For the prior three years ending in 02/03, in 162 games Daley had 43 goals, 99 assists. Wisinewski in that same time period played 167 games, with 35 goals, 82 assists.
The one year Daley played in the OHL & Wisinewski didnt (99/00), Daley played 54 games & had 16 goals, 30 assists.

Not to mention that Daley is one of the quickest skating and overall best skating prospects around. And that he will take the body.

I think the main reason that Wisinewski doesn't get the press of a top end prospect is because he's a smaller, offensive defenseman. It's true that his defensive game has come a long way, but thats in the OHL. He's going to have to work even harder to improve his defensive game to that of NHL speed, and NHL toughness.

puck bunny

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Brock said:
Not to mention that Daley is one of the quickest skating and overall best skating prospects around. And that he will take the body.

I think the main reason that Wisinewski doesn't get the press of a top end prospect is because he's a smaller, offensive defenseman. It's true that his defensive game has come a long way, but thats in the OHL. He's going to have to work even harder to improve his defensive game to that of NHL speed, and NHL toughness.

First of all if you remember at the Top Prospects game wisniewski had the fastest overall time in the skating however that best time was only used for him to get into the next round where he lost to Bowmeester because Wisniewski stumpled.

I know you are not saying that Daley is tougher than Wisniewski, Wisniewski who is a very tough fighter, great hitter and loves the rough stuff...This year Plymouth doesn't want him to fight at all bcause he is their best player. Sure he is doing all this in the OHL and who knows what the NHL holds but for know this is all we have to judge him on.

Also you talk about height where daley is smaller than Wisniewski...

Sammy*

puck bunny said:
First of all if you remember at the Top Prospects game wisniewski had the fastest overall time in the skating however that best time was only used for him to get into the next round where he lost to Bowmeester because Wisniewski stumpled.

I know you are not saying that Daley is tougher than Wisniewski, Wisniewski who is a very tough fighter, great hitter and loves the rough stuff...This year Plymouth doesn't want him to fight at all bcause he is their best player. Sure he is doing all this in the OHL and who knows what the NHL holds but for know this is all we have to judge him on.

Also you talk about height where daley is smaller than Wisniewski...
Sooo, what stats were you using when you said Wisniewski is better statistically than Daley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->