What are the Habs, and how realistic is it they challenge for the cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I didn't like any teams from the North's chances once they won the divsion. Congrats to the habs and maybe they prove me wrong but I think they kept swept or lose 4-1 next round. NOTE that I felt that way whether it was the Leafs, Jets or my Oil. I just think the North was a very weak division.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Looked this up tonight and was surprised by the numbers:

Number one team in the league CF%: Colorado Avalanche - 58.98% (Crazy high)
Number two team in the league CF%: Montreal Canadiens - 54.5%

Weak division but still..

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'm not too shocked at the habs winning their division. Especially considering they got to play the Leafs without Tavares and the Jets without Scheifele (for the majority of the series). That's not to take anything away from Montreal, but their division was already weak without removing 2 top line centers (and key leaders) from their opponents.

I would be extremely surprised to see them take more than 2 games off of Vegas or Colorado. Unless they luck out again and MacKinnon or Stone are lost early on...

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
A backup goalie
A guy who scored one goal last year (basically consider him and Domi a wash at best)
A top 9 forward
Two fourth line players
#6/7D

Team was like 24th last year... They have no real chance at the Cup

Lol so wrong.

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
If Vegas wins I can see the Habs having a chance, despite still being the pretty heavy underdog.

This Habs team is better IMO than the Vancouver team that goalie'd Vegas into a stressful game 7 last year....something Price is definitely capable of doing

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
While the Habs did beat a top offence in Toronto, their star players failed to score much outside of Nylander.

Avs/Vegas haven't had that problem which is why its going to be a way different ballgame.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Keep talking about Avs/Knights sweep against the Habs. We will see who remain standing after round 3. Elite goaltending. 4 big D to keep the play on the outside. 4 balanced lines that can score. Play the game as a team. The Habs has all the ingredients of a team that can beat any team in a playoff series.

Rapsfan

Jun 7, 2021
I wonder. Do the Habs have a Kawhi-tier player carrying them? Price might be the best player on that team.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Maybe I’m biased but I feel people don’t want to give Montreal the proper credit.

If they don't repeat it next year they will always be considered a cinderella run and next get any credit.

That's just how it is.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I don't think Montreal is the superior team to Vegas/Colorado by a stretch, but this is hockey. Any team can win on any given night. Price is playing like a man possessed and the Habs are getting just enough depth scoring to get through. I wouldn't count any teams out at this point.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Cheering for the Habs, but they are gonna get absolutely CURB STOMPED.
We don’t know that, they haven't played each other this year. The Habs got hot at the right time, barely qualified for the playoffs, but are on fire now, especially Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->