What are the expectations for the Oilers this year?

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
They still have dont have good wingers, good goaltending and offence from the blueline. Maybe they get into the mid 80s in points but I dont them doing see any better than that.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I think we'll see a much more structured team under Holland and Tippett.
that said, we'll go as far as McDavid and Leon can take us

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
The Organization had a few bad years under Chiarelli but now that Kenny Holland has taken over the helm he’s completely changed the identity of this team back to its winning culture the team is known for.

Traded Looch for a perannual 20 goal scorer.

McDavid, Drai and Nuge haven’t even hit peak form.

Huge upgrades in Nygard, Granlund, Sheahan and Archibald. These studs are replacing guys from last year that should have been in the AHL.

Koskinen showed Vezina caliber until he got hurt and it sounds like he’s healthy again. Mike Smith is a huge upgrade over Cam “1 Season” Talbot. I would not be surprised to see Smith get 10+ points feeding McDavid stretch passes.

Tippet made hold out of garbage in Arizona so I’m getting wood thinking about what he can do with actual talent.

I don’t think we’ll win the Presidents but there’s no doubt this team is going deep, I see Cup potential for sure.

Reactions: rubikscube

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
They were in the playoffs at Xmas weren't they? Then injuries struck and they won 6 in 28 games or something like that. I actually think they will be better than most expect. They'll be in the playoff hunt all season and will come down to the last week to determine whether or not they make it. Tippet will make a difference.

Reactions: MessierII

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Bottom 5. Their goaltending and defence is still bottom 3 in the league and they only have 3 legitimate NHL forwards.

Will be in the Alexis sweepstakes by the end of April.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm a Coyotes homer...

Central
1. x-Nashville
2. x-St. Louis
3. x-Dallas

Pacific
1. x-Vegas
2. x-Calgary
3. x-Arizona

Wild Card
1. x-Winnipeg
2. x-San Jose
3. Colorado
4. Chicago
5. Edmonton
6. Vancouver
7. Minnesota
8. Anaheim
9. Los Angeles

Reactions: BlueOil

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Well, they still have no forward depth, no #1 goalie and about half a defense so bottom 10 again .

Zack Kassian will be a solid deadline rental for somebody

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
I expect them to be a bit better. The garbage coming in that replaced the old garbage I think is a better fit. On paper is still looks very bad past 1.6333333 lines. I am curious how tippet will leave his mark and his commitment to team defence.

I expect them to be in the hunt for a wildcard until late into the season. If everything goes right they could make some big improvements and snag a wildcard early. If things go sideways (we will know very quickly) they will be all but done by late January .

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Most likely bottom 5 again.

No goaltending.
Atrocious defense.
1 elite forward. 2 complementary forwards, and a whole lot of garbage other than that.

LOL at calling Draisaitl a "complimentary" forward.
Oh and the Oilers haven't finished bottom 5 since '15-'16 which is nothing to brag about but just to point out your lie in the attempt to strengthen your sad little narrative.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Up and down season, but some slick Holland moves early in 2020 will change their fortunes. 2nd half will be a slaughter.

Prediction: Western Conference Final

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Unless they have multiple young players break out i expect more pain. Just have a long way to go in terms of rounding out the roster. They missed the playoffs with two 100 point players.

They could possibly be a fringe bubble team. Perhaps some of their young D develop faster than expected and Koktinen is more consistent in net.

Perhaps Neal has a bounceback season and puts up 40ish points.

Bubble team is not impossible

Reactions: Kalamazoo Wings

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Barely missing playoffs, but get #1 OA pick in the draft, which they use to take some " can't miss" player, who misses.

Reactions: 63 others

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The team calls Wolf too many times. You can't feel bad for them because they're given so... many chances that it's not even funny at this point.

They should be a wild card team, but they're likely going to be a team that misses the playoffs.

The team has potentially the best General Manager they could find, coach, debatable considering he did well with Dallas and Arizona's goaltending.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Not finish last and do everything possible to try and get McDavid more points then Kucherov.
Oh yes because the whole team is thinking “f*** the playoffs, we need to help McDavid get points”

I got news for you, if you ever watched the Oilers, McDavid gets 0 help outside of Draisaitl

Spargon

May 31, 2019
The Organization had a few bad years under Chiarelli but now that Kenny Holland has taken over the helm he’s completely changed the identity of this team back to its winning culture the team is known for.

Huge upgrades in Nygard, Granlund, Sheahan and Archibald. These studs are replacing guys from last year that should have been in the AHL.

Koskinen showed Vezina caliber until he got hurt and it sounds like he’s healthy again. Mike Smith is a huge upgrade over Cam “1 Season” Talbot. I would not be surprised to see Smith get 10+ points feeding McDavid stretch passes.

Tippet made hold out of garbage in Arizona so I’m getting wood thinking about what he can do with actual talent.

I don’t think we’ll win the Presidents but there’s no doubt this team is going deep, I see Cup potential for sure.

I can never tell if you are trolling or if this is a schtick or if you genuinely believe these delusions you write.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
The team calls Wolf too many times. You can't feel bad for them because they're given so... many chances that it's not even funny at this point.

They should be a wild card team, but they're likely going to be a team that misses the playoffs.

The team has potentially the best General Manager they could find, coach, debatable considering he did well with Dallas and Arizona's goaltending.

Tippett is a hell of a coach. We'll see

Reactions: Kalamazoo Wings

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Oh yes because the whole team is thinking “**** the playoffs, we need to help McDavid get points”

I got news for you, if you ever watched the Oilers, McDavid gets 0 help outside of Draisaitl
Ok, since McDavid is only getting help from Draisail and nobody else. What are your expectations for the Oilers?

Ducksauce

Oct 30, 2010

My favorite HF poster

Reactions: HugginThePost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad