What are the expectations for the Oilers this year?

Ibanezrokr

Mar 22, 2018
Slightly less terrible. But still terrible. Its going to be years before we see any real healing to the wounds chia inflicted on that roster. And thats only if the OBC lets them. They're basically off my radar for the next 5 years unless something drastic happens. No faith here.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
source.gif
I think he meant to click on a Calgary vs avalanche thread and was commenting on his teams play

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Corny ass memes and jokes...thats what every thread seems to contain more of nowadays. Cant people come in here and discuss the topic at hand, instead of a stupid image or joke?

I think they will come close to a WC spot, I just don't know if they have enough to get them there. Connor can only do so much.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I would love to see them do well. Canadian team, McJesus, yadda yadda.

But ... boy oh boy, I dont have high hopes. They still have a pretty flawed line up with a lot of holes. They replaced Lucic with Neal, which is ... schmeh, at best.

Likely finish somewhere in the bottom 6-10, sadly.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not good.
I'll say this, their percentage at first overall next year, will be better than their chances at making the playoffs.

Talonted

Dec 9, 2010
I just want a thread on the main after every single Oiler’s game about whatever other fans dream up is a fantastic topic of discussion. Like a 30 page’r if McDavid gets caught picking his nose on camera or a 40 page’r if they lose the first 2 games of the season. Impress me lads!

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I think Mike Smith is going to have a strong start but brn otu due to his age as they ride him. Kosk won't be able to hold it down and they will slowly slip out of the playoffs and into the bottom 10 as the year goes on.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I predict Neal has a bounce back season. If they can put together two scoring lines, and two lines that are competent defensively/on the PK, they might have enough offense to secure a wildcard spot.

I also predict Mike Smith has a career year in terms of assists. He'll be outletting the puck up to McDavid every shift and rack up the secondary assists in the process.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
They should be battling for playoffs this year because it’s been forever, but alas they’ll end up in the bottom of the garbage bin once again and fighting for that lottery pick. The team really is a mess

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
They should be battling for playoffs this year because it’s been forever, but alas they’ll end up in the bottom of the garbage bin once again and fighting for that lottery pick. The team really is a mess

They shouldn't be battling for the playoffs because they have no depth, a horrible defense, and two horrid goalies.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Most likely bottom 5 again.

No goaltending.
Atrocious defense.
1 elite forward. 2 complementary forwards, and a whole lot of garbage other than that.
Not that they have been good at all, but I hate when people lie to try to prove their point. Oilers haven’t been bottom 5 since McDavid’s rookie year

Not to mention the nonsense about “1 elite forward”

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Not that they have been good at all, but I hate when people lie to try to improve their point. Oilers haven’t been bottom 5 since McDavid’s rookie year

That poster isn't high on Draisaitl. It shouldn't come as a shock they don't list him as an elite forward.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I will always cheer against them but I hope they take this season to clean up their dead weight because I'd like to see a good battle of Alberta eventually.

So, I guess my expectations are that they clean up their roster

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Not that they have been good at all, but I hate when people lie to try to prove their point. Oilers haven’t been bottom 5 since McDavid’s rookie year

7th last, 9th last.

they'll most likely be bottom 10 again. Feel better?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Most likely bottom 5 again.

No goaltending.
Atrocious defense.
1 elite forward. 2 complementary forwards, and a whole lot of garbage other than that.

A 50G/100 pt player is not a complimentary piece. Get a grip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad