What Are The Common Arguments On Your Board?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Caps fans tend to argue about players or coaches. A lot of fans have their favorites and totally blow a gasket if you say something negative about that player. Caps fans jump allover me if I say anything negative about Niskanen or Vrana.
A lot of fans are hard on Holtby at times. I couldn't believe people were dumping on him for giving up a break away goal. They blame him for every goal. The team hangs him out to dry all the time.
The one that really baffled me was the hatred for Barry Trotz. The team was excellentbunder Trotz and most fans still wanted him fired. Even after winning the cup they wanted him gone.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Figure this is a great way to get to know the teams and their situation/challenges.

On the Leafs board

1.Babcock doesn't know what he's doing, he is stubborn when it comes to lines and his system is actually hurting the Leafs far more than it helps, the Leafs should not be that bad defensively as they are with that forward group VS Babcock does know what he's doing, he protects his young players, he has had historical success, the stretch pass actually isn't that bad considering it creates more than it hurts and defensive woes are more to do with meh/disengaged D than it is his stretch pass

2.Sparks is garbage, he will get lit in the NHL and he did nothing to earn the job, we are in win now and we should've kept Mac over him VS Sparks is a great young goalie who may not be the smoothest goalie, but he has done very well in the AHL and deserves a chance, Mac is 35 and will be done soon

3.Gardiner hurts far more than he helps, despite his excellent offense, he makes regularly atrocious passes, is soft and misses assignments, we would be better off with someone like Petrovic, Petry or Tanev, even if we lost Gardiner in the process VS Gardiner is an excellent offensive defenseman and a decent 3-4 guy, he has his downs, but he also helps the team tremendously with his vision and at times a decent shot that we're completely lacking from the back end, if we lost him we would be much worse off

Those are the major ones, apart from that contract numbers and TOI, normal stuff that everyone disputes takes place.

What about your team?

What I find kind of funny is that these are pretty much what our Oilers forum bit**es about. Just change the names!

Reactions: Missing smitty

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Vegas board is love, we don't have arguments especially not common arguments...... Yet!

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
One or two posters split from the other 99% of the board. Then 5 pages are created by posters arguing with logic, reason, and facts why those posters shouldn’t think that way ...

And in the end, it’s completely pointless and a waste of time because they are stubbornly ignorantly set in their ways. And are the types to just cause strife and arguments. A kind of sad enjoyment. Makes me wonder how their personal life is. :laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
-We should completely tank vs we should remain quasi-compeitive

-Whether or not we should sign Panarin (see above)

-We need to punch people in the face more vs not (the usual suspects vs the rest of the board)

-Trust Gorton vs Gorton is terrible

-Anything about Lias Andersson

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
:sharks

1. Evander Kane’s contract

- Many posters, such as myself, feel that Evander Kane’s contract is downright terrible, and that his injuries, style of play, and true impact on the game make him worth no more than 5X5 at best. Meanwhile, other posters feel he adds a huge element to our team, and that he is only marginally overpaid at 7X7 but that the overpayment was necessary.

2. Martin Jones’ status and ranking amongst NHL goaltenders

- Many posters, such as myself, feel that Martin Jones is slightly above league average, but has been trending downhill recently. Some posters believe he is comfortably in the top-10 and some posters believe he is comfortably in the bottom-10.

3. Joe Thornton’s playoff performances

- Many posters, such as myself, feel that Joe Thornton’s playoff performances have historically been inadequate and below championship caliber, and that that has been the Sharks primary fatal flaw. Other posters believe that his numbers are not a big deal and that his lack of team success is primarily driven by a poor team.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames board is pretty much:

Sam Bennett, deserve ice time or no.
Mark Jankowski, useful NHLer or no.
Any prospect who hasn’t got a stamp of approval from our boards self appointed police. Those debates are fun.

Then you have the gibberish debates two infamous posters tend to bring up.

Ie Monahan is a winger or a center.
Kylington is Karlsson or not.
Gaudreau is our second or third best forward.

The magic was during our early rebuild. Should we tank or no was legendary. If Feaster was a moron or no was also tremendous.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
That Avs should trade Tyson Barrie. Some of us mostly do it as a joke, but some are decidedly for it and some against it.

Reactions: hooverdam

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Pens’ fans want Daniel Sprong to play in the top 9, and to sit Määttä in favor of Riikola, who has yet to play in a single NHL game.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Habs board is surprisingly spending a lot of time arguing about Bergevin being god awful against 3 or 4 guys who think he doesn't.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well most of the time people are arguing over how elite Roman Polak is and what his value is to the Stars and how he is easily our best dman

Not much of an argument though as everyone appears to accept it as a fact now

Don't believe me? Go check our GDT vs Winnipeg

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Came here to say this. Was impressed that our GDT was at 37 pages - until I read the last ten were dedicated to the AA discussion.
Regardless if the AA overkill I was still pleasantly surprised to see the post count. The board was a barren wasteland last year or just people taunting each other.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I dont have enough time to list everything the Devils board argues about

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Laine thread is something special. People were arguing that Maurice and Chevy intentionally supress Laine's scoring because they want to keep his price tag down.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Most Blues fans: Jake Allen is a bad goalie and weak point on the team.
Fans of other teams: Jake Allen is a bad goalie and a weak point on the team.
Some Blues fans: Jake Allen is our son, a good boy, and his best effort is more than enough.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
On the NYR forum itd be more like

Quinn is awful. He sat namestnikov for a game
Vs
Nothing bc almost everyone else realizes he sucked last game, all pre season and threw a bitch fit in the locker room about his minutes. Of course he's benched. You'd have to have no self respect as a coach to play a guy after that.

Quinn sucks bc we are in a rebuild and our 23 year old first round Dman is sitting in the press box Vs Nothing. Bc everyone else realizes it has been just two games and we have something like 6 rookies out there and a teenager.

Howden sucks. He has zero hits so far Vs. Nothing bc that's so incomprehensibly dumb that no one feels the need to respond.

We have two extraordinarily terrible posters over on NYR who are clearly trolling the whole board with nonsense. With one of them, the mods openly encourage people to put him on ignore which is odd. If a guy flames the board THAT consistently I would think it makes less work for mods to ban him.

Then you have the usual

We need a top 5 pick. We would have won the cup of we'd had one! It's the only reason we didn't win! Vs. Nash and gaborik were both top 5. Hank plays better then almost any top 5 drafted player could be expected to play. We had a top prospect legit die and a top 4 dman had his career ended. Short of Crosby, we had the talent. We had a horrible coach who specializes in turtling and choking away countless game/series leads. He also employed a D system that is the antithesis to what slow footed, poor passing dmen can do

Lundqvist should be traded (every day seemingly) Vs. He. has. A. NMC.

"Chad" Lias Andersson vs "the virgin" mittlestat.

Lias doesn't have first line upside so he's a terrible pick even if he becomes a top 6 captain vs. Just look at the list of the players picked at 7.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->