What are the chances that the Sedins pull a Mike Fisher?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
They are still young enough to be contributors and retired while still being productive NHlers. The team is adding a ton of youth to the roster, and I don't think it is impossible near the deadline Vancouver is in a playoff spot. What are the chances they decide to come back at the deadline and help the team make the playoffs and go on one final cup run?

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I usually don't like the ol' retirement jerkaround but I think I would actually enjoy that a lot. No idea what the chances are but I'd watch it.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Vancouver is going to be a bottom feeder for years. No chance they make the playoffs.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
They're still effective players and I think professional athletes have a very tough time letting go. But these guys are different. The class they showed throughout their careers tells me they're of a different breed and probably knew what they were doing when they retired. We'll be lucky if they still stay involved in the league in some way. I'd like to see them as media commentators to be honest.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
They don't seem like the type. Adding 2/3rds of a scoring-line-two on the cheap would be a helluva boost for a lot of teams though.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If the Sedins want to move out of there one bedroom bunk bed and come back to play for one of the worst teams midway through the year, have at it.

Reactions: Sentinel

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I hope they do, so that the issue can be discussed before it happens in a more controversial manner than Fisher. I'm curious what the league thinks, and think it would be smart of them to be proactive for once, instead of reactive. I think fans like proactive better.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
It'd be funny if they came out of retirement to play for a team other than Vancouver.

That would never happen though, for them it's Vancouver or bust. I think they love the city and team that much that if they saw the right opportunity, they would lace em back up one more time.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Not great because there are 2 of them. Makes it harder to do that. Fisher also returned to his former team that was a contender. The Sedibns would have to go to another team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->