What are the chances we see a WSH v.s VGK repeat?

What are the chances of seeing a Cup repeat

• Total voters

Jun 15, 2007
I give Was 25% chance of making it out of the east.

Vegas 20% chance of making it out of the West.

So 5% chance.

What does high, medium, low mean? Completely subjective.

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
Voted medium
If anybody is beating Tampa, it's Washington.
And Vegas looked really good after the deadline, but has cooled off a bit. I give Vegas the advantage in net compared to some other questionable goal tending in the West.

Edit - Just noticed that Fleury may not be available for the first round. Changed my vote to low.

Last edited:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Very low. Repeat cup finals have happened once in the past 35 years. 2008 and 2009 red wings and penguins. Before that it was the 1983 and 1984 islanders and oilers.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Super low

I have to admit 2 years ago i was super super confident wed see a repeat final from Nash and Pitt. Moreso than any year in recent memory. Obviously i was wrong

This doesnt feel like one of those years where its super likely however

Both teams look very strong but:

- an argument can be made that Vegas isnt even a top 4 favorite in the west

- tampa is having a fantastic year (Caps sure seem to have their number though)

- Pit still has Washington's number i think. And Malkin isnt even here atm but should be soon

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Depends on Fleury's health. Even with him I'm not sure they can go back into the final. They seem to have San Jose's number though.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Could see Vegas getting back because the west sucks but Washington isn’t even close to good enough tbh.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I can see the Knights getting to conference finals again provided they stay healthy. But if St. Louis plays like they have on their turn around stretch and aren't burned out by that, they probably will have Vegas' number.

Conversely I struggle to see Washington getting past Tampa and maybe even Boston.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I give Was 25% chance of making it out of the east.

Vegas 20% chance of making it out of the West.

So 5% chance.

What does high, medium, low mean? Completely subjective.
This would be high end chances for both, if I give them 14-15% chances it's around 2%, so 2-5% is a reasonable range

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Vegas would be one of, if not the favourite to come out of the west if Fleury is healthy. Washington's only advantage is that they should get an easier route through the first two rounds with the three best teams in the east murdering each other on the Atlantic side of the bracket. I don't even see them as strong favourites in the first round assuming they play Pittsburgh or Columbus

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Low.

Vegas is going to have three tough rounds to get to the Finals. They look as good as any West team when they are on, but they also have the toughest path (along with San Jose).

Washington looks real good, but they will have some tough matchups as well.

Really no matter what two teams, they answer is going to be low.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad