What are the chances the deal will be rejected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tra La La

Feb 13, 2003
Buffalo, New York
Bruwinz37 said:
Are you kidding me? Your owner routinely spends millions of his own dollars to get trounced in the Governer's race has as much money as anyone. This cap is perfect for teams like the Sabres.

Rigas was a supposed billionaire to.

In 03-04 The Sabres lost 8-10 million. With around a 32 million dollar payroll.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
invader Zim said:

What you fail to understand though is now that all teams are under the same cap Buffalo can now compete with prime free agents and the cost of these players come down. With that said, if you still cant make money with a 30 something payroll in another 2-3 years then Buffalo probably shouldnt have a team.

SPARTAKUS*

We can all sleep well tonight because BOTH side will ratify this deal.

The players knows this is a pretty good deal and it will be

recommand by the executive committe. And as the owners are

concern they have want they wanted all a long cost certainty.

Case closed. Game on.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I think as long as the players realize that last years salaries are all sunk cost - the vote should be strongly in favor of acceptance. If the players get all wrapped up in an entire year's paychecks, and then they are agreeing to a deal they could of gotten last summer, it will be closer.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
invader Zim said:

If that is so, then the Sabres are bottom 10 in revenues and will receive around $5M from the richer teams, which should let them put up a $30ishM payroll without losing too much money. I don't think it's all that bad.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Even though the possibility exists, there's no way the players would shoot this down. Not after all that's happened thus far - and we all know what that's been like.

Tra La La

Feb 13, 2003
Buffalo, New York
The More I think about this. If The Revenue sharing is'nt Inline with, that in the Dec 9 PA proposal. The Sabres Should Vote no.

65 million devided among the ten lowest teams. (Say 50 million based on 1.7 billion in revenue)

GSC2k2*

invader Zim said:
The More I think about this. If The Revenue sharing is'nt Inline with, that in the Dec 9 PA proposal. The Sabres Should Vote no.

65 million devided among the ten lowest teams. (Say 50 million based on 1.7 billion in revenue)
Actually the December 9 proposal had three different revenue sharing proposals.

Your suggestion about voting no has no merit, regardless of the revenue sharing. The cake has been baked; there is no point in talking about how to mix the batter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad