What are the chances the deal will be rejected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yizee*

is there a chance the deal will be rejected by the players? I sure hope not - I was so happy in february or whenever it was when they said on the air that Gretzky and Lemieux was there and the deal would be accepted then all of a sudden it wasnt true and the lockout continued - now please tell me the players wont screw this up for me I have so much excitement in me right now that I dont want to lose

swflyers8*

The players will not be dumb enough to lose yet another year. They don't like the deal but they know that the game needs to be back on the ice. Otherwise, it's gone for good. Some aren't really mad at the deal, they are mad at the fact that they could have this type of deal a long time beforehand but didn't. They mostly want to get back to playing again.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
I hope the players are smart enough to realize that this is the best deal they are going to get and if they reject this deal then the next offer will be worse.

swflyers8*

Patrick said:
I hope the players are smart enough to realize that this is the best deal they are going to get and if they reject this deal then the next offer will be worse.

There wouldn't be a next offer. They would declare an impasse and go from there. After spending all this time to make a 600+ page document, they wouldn't go through it again.

JOHNBOY

BUFFALO SABRES
Sep 30, 2003
Denver NC
It best not be rejected, or else were looking at starting the next season in january 2006 in a best case scenario...

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I honestly see this as 95-5.

What player would be stupid to vote this down? They may not like it but I think that they understand that this was the best deal their executive committee could get them, so why try to prolong the fight?

Mike Commodore was interviewed, and he was asked about players reactions. He said alot of guys don't like it at all, but just want this thing over so are going to vote "Yes" even if they don't see the deal. Which I think is the mindset of the majority of guys out there.

Only the idiots who don't play in the NHL for the Stanley Cup, but for money, would vote "No".

The Joker*

Scugs said:
Only the idiots who don't play in the NHL for the Stanley Cup, but for money, would vote "No".
If all those people did vote No, then the deal would prob be rejected...

BCCHL inactive

I think if the players are dumb enough to reject this deal, it would be the last straw that would entice the NHL to bring in replacement players.

There is no chance the league rejects the deal. They only need 8 owners to approve the deal on their side.

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
HungryforHockey25 said:
The players will not be dumb enough to lose yet another year. They don't like the deal but they know that the game needs to be back on the ice. Otherwise, it's gone for good. Some aren't really mad at the deal, they are mad at the fact that they could have this type of deal a long time beforehand but didn't. They mostly want to get back to playing again.
Ya, I'm pretty sure they realize that if they did reject it things would only get worse, there's absolutely no way they can improve on what they got, the longer they hold out, the less they'll get, they'll accept it, they'd be idiots not to.

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
No way will they reject it. If they do, they'd be committing suicide. There's a difference between now and February. Back in February, everybody THOUGHT that they had a deal in principle, when in reality they didn't, and even denied that they did. This time neither camp is denying it, because they DO have a deal in principle. That is the first step to it being accepted, so they've GOT to vote for it, or they'd be cutting off their noses to spite their faces, so to speak. The players for the most part, want to get back to playing hockey. Their sick of being out, so no way are they going to vote this down. And I don't see the owners voting it down either. If they do, it'll be the end of the NHL as we know it.

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
the owners should pass it no problem, and the players will pass it, they would be stupid not to. if some how the players reject it, they have to fire the executive commitee and start all over. which is a royal pain. thats enough to say yes, without even talking about the huge wrath of the fans. they would be hunted down with pitchforks and torches (quite litterally possibly).

Tra La La

Feb 13, 2003
Buffalo, New York
NataSatan666 said:
Anything can happen but I think we will see a comfortable 65-35 split. I have heard rumors of teams rejecting it in blocks though, so we will see

From a Sabres Fan Point of View. It's not good for us. The Revenue sharing aspect is likely to be to weak. And That makes the cap to high.I could see the Sabres casting a no vote. But its unlikely.

The Dollar for Dollar Lux Tax above 29 million. Thats what was needed ,for it to be good for the Sabres.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
invader Zim said:
From a Sabres Fan Point of View. It's not good for us. The Revenue sharing aspect is likely to be to weak. And That makes the cap to high.I could see the Sabres casting a no vote. But its unlikely.

The Dollar for Dollar Lux Tax above 29 million. Thats what was needed ,for it to be good for the Sabres.

Don't tell me the Sabres can't have a 30ish million team. That will put them way closer to the top spenders (like Detroit) than before.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
invader Zim said:

Are you kidding me? Your owner routinely spends millions of his own dollars to get trounced in the Governer's race has as much money as anyone. This cap is perfect for teams like the Sabres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad