What are the Blue Jackets doing?

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
My first thought when all this happened was terrible asset management.

Jarmo has been preaching that he would make a trade if it was there. Its very possible teams were offering close to the Duchene package for Panarin, which obviously isn't enough. Bobrovsky has been so inconsistent I doubt there was much trade value there either.

Columbus isn't going to have the services of Panarin so they might as well go on a run when they can I'm assuming is the logic if they aren't gonna get decent trade value.

Who knows, maybe one or both of Duchene/Dzingel sign too.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
I don't see Columbus as a viable franchise going forward. Davidson allowed the franchise to have two draft picks in the 2019 draft. Two. That's ugly. I see the franchise heading to Houston, Atlanta, or Salt Lake City.

They're trying to move the franchise elsewhere. Columbus isn't a realistic NHL city.

Selyanin

#StammerTime
May 2, 2014
The North
I don't see Columbus as a viable franchise going forward. Davidson allowed the franchise to have two draft picks in the 2019 draft. Two. That's ugly. I see the franchise heading to Houston, Atlanta, or Salt Lake City.

They're trying to move the franchise elsewhere. Columbus isn't a realistic NHL city.
What the...?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Professional Sports team: tries to win

HFBoards: Ahh ****, I can't believe you've done this

Meanwhile ...

2G2sDrw.jpg

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
just like when Vegas picked no names in the draft and everyone laughed at them. guess that's why they are pros and we're sitting here like armchair warriors

Reactions: kladorf2005

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Happy this is paying off. Can't understand the people who didn't appreciate and or realize what the situation is and why it makes sense to go for it.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio

What a maroon

pled

Sep 7, 2009

tell that to the 19328 people that were screaming tonight

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm not sure why someone thinks/thought the Jackets are relocation candidates. Columbus is exactly what the NHL likes in a small market. Well-educated, university presence, young population, growing population. Very bizarre.

The C

Apr 16, 2019
I don't see Columbus as a viable franchise going forward.
You win the most misinformed award of the day. Columbus has 6 major multi rink complex’s around the city filled to the rafters with good junior hockey and they are building more. The Cbus has become a Hockey town. Starting to see a lot of Columbus high school players breaking into major college, Elite teams and even the NHL. The Arena is well attended and the whole downtown was renovated into a thriving metro area with the arena right in the middle. Try again

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Ive said a lot of stupid things when it comes to Columbus. Hope they are able to keep all of their players together.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things

is this a real post?
It’s such a misguided post that it makes me feel uncomfortable and I’m not sure what to do with my hands.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Ive said a lot of stupid things when it comes to Columbus. Hope they are able to keep all of their players together.

You know, Jackets fans do as well, but we've pretty much accepted Panarin and Bob will leave. And most of us are ok with it. We wish it were different, but they've earned the right to play where they want. They've given 100% all year, they've never played like they wanted out. It's fascinating to me, Jackets fan still like them both. Huge ovations when introduced, tons of jerseys still. I've never seen anything like this, not that I can recall.

Even if they do leave, Jackets fans are pretty hopeful to sign Duchene and Dzingel. Texier looks like the real deal. Gavrikov will be over, maybe as soon as the 2nd round THIS year. Bemstrom could make the team next year.

Losing Bob and Panarin will hurt. But they are the 5th youngest team in the NHL. Future is still good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad