Movies: What are the best Horror Sequels Ever?

Elvis P

Truth is the first casualty
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
What are the best Horror Sequels Ever? I'll take:

1666967871794.png

The Bride of Frankenstein - Boris Karloff, best woman's hair ever!
Son of Frankenstein - Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein - Lon Chaney Jr, Bela Lugosi, Vincent Price's voice
Dracula: Prince of Darkness - Christopher Lee
Dracula Has Risen from the Grave - Christopher Lee

Last edited:

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
What are the best Horror Sequels Ever? I'll take:

View attachment 600041

The Bride of Frankenstein - Boris Karloff, best woman's hair ever!
Son of Frankenstein - Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein - Lon Chaney, Jr, Bela Lugosi, Vincent Price's voice
Dracula: Prince of Darkness - Christopher Lee
Dracula Has Risen from the Grave - Christopher Lee
Bride is certainly a classic. Otherwise, I'd got with Dawn of the Dead as the best horror sequel. I love Amityville II too, but that's probably more of a personal choice.

Reactions: OzzyFan and Elvis P

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
Bride is certainly a classic. Otherwise, I'd got with Dawn of the Dead as the best horror sequel. I love Amityville II too, but that's probably more of a personal choice.
I had Dawn in my top 7, but wanted to save the more recent (1978) stuff for you guys.

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
It appears from your original post you are including all continuous sequels beyond the 2nd film in a franchise? That makes the door wide open in this case if so.

Reactions: Elvis P

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
It appears from your original post you are including all continuous sequels beyond the 2nd film in a franchise? That makes the door wide open in this case if so.
You're correct. I wanted posters to have more freedom in their replies.

Reactions: OzzyFan

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Idk the classics, but for the new school horror movies I’d go with The Devil’s Rejects. One of my favorite movies of all time. I know it’s not really horror in a scary way, but it counts.

Reactions: Elvis P

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
You're correct. I wanted posters to have more freedom in their replies.
Cool. Off my head then:

-Dawn of the Dead
-Day of the Dead
-Evil Dead 2
-Aliens
-Bride of Frankenstein
-Halloween 2

Does Cronenberg's The Fly count? If so then that too.

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
It's a remake, isn't it? The sequel is kind of ok though... that poor experimentation that gets mercy killed :-*(

There's a gray area still. He said all sequels, technically Cronenberg's Fly isn't a direct remake and is technically the 4th film in the franchise and very likely takes place chronologically later. :)

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
There's a gray area still. He said all sequels, technically Cronenberg's Fly isn't a direct remake and is technically the 4th film in the franchise and very likely takes place chronologically later. :)
But in that delirium, the teleportation pods were already old news and he wasn't inventing or testing anythjng.... ?

I vote nah!

• Haha
Reactions: OzzyFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad