What are some of your least favourite wrestling moves?

The Shockmaster

SHOCK THE WORLD
Jul 30, 2010
No doubt this question has been asked again and again in the long history of forum 240, but it’s always worthwhile to harvest some new opinions.

I’ve always had a strange dislike for the stalling suplex. Such an inoffensive move, right? Half of the offence of the move is supposed to be the opponent’s blood rushing to their brain for an agonizing amount of time, which creeps me out for some reason. Weirdly...biological.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Swinging neckbreaker - I don't understand why it is considered a neckbreaker.

Super kick - outside of Shawn Michaels they tend to look like crap. The people who came after Michaels and use it make it seem like a poor imitation and devalue the move.

619 - My least favourite move off the top of my head. The setup is so convoluted and it does't look particularly good even after that setup.

Reactions: iamjs

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Adominible stretch cause wtf is going on and five knuckle shuffle cause come on, Rocky already did it and did it much better.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I am not a fan of when the guy jumps outside the ring and the other person basically catches him then falls to the ground. it was a great move when you barely saw it(and they might work it into a big PPV match) but it seems to be a staple of every single match now and when you watch it alot you start noticing how phony it looks

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I am not a fan of when the guy jumps outside the ring and the other person basically catches him then falls to the ground. it was a great move when you barely saw it(and they might work it into a big PPV match) but it seems to be a staple of every single match now and when you watch it alot you start noticing how phony it looks

I hate a variant of that. In muti-man matches when a move takes forever to set up on the ropes (or on top of a cage or whatever) and a huge group of wrestlers casually brawls while looking up and waiting for their chance to catch the people pulling off the move.

Reactions: boredmale

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I hate a variant of that. In muti-man matches when a move takes forever to set up on the ropes (or on top of a cage or whatever) and a huge group of wrestlers casually brawls while looking up and waiting for their chance to catch the people pulling off the move.

That actually is my beef more then the single person one

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
I'll add another. Orange Cassidy's shin kicks. Why doesn't someone just walk and punch him right between the eyes when he puts his hands in his pockets?

Reactions: TNT87

PurpleMouse

Apr 27, 2014
I didn't like the People's Elbow... and it went to next level ridiculousness when it started to be used as a finisher.

I didn't mind HBK using the super kick as a finisher, but it was dumb when he would "warm up the band". The logical psychology is to beat the guy down and then pick him up if you need to to deliver a finishing move. The super kick was believable but it wasn't believable that just prior to the move the guy was down and then WAS able to get up but now couldn't.

The "stand around waiting to get hit by this spot" (usually a dive) is in pretty much every match now.... it was entertaining at one point because it was such an impressive display of athleticism that you didn't care if it was a bit phoney but that's not so much the case when you see it 20 times a show.

Not a fan of the Lethal Injection as a finisher either, for a similar reason to the superkick. I can't think of any other move the requires a guy to be STANDING in place for so long, it's just so unnatural.

Reactions: The Shadow

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I don't like moves that require a bit too much suspension of disbelief.

The actual kick part of Mysterio's 619 is good but the set up is a little too ridiculous.

I agree about HBK tuning up the band. If I was the opponent and I heard the tuning up, I'd roll out of the ring instead of getting up and walking towards HBK.

I didn't like Big Show's knockout punch only because he could do it at any point in the match but chose not to. Like when he'd do regular punches, why not just throw the KO punch instead?

Undertaker's triangle choke was one of the worst submissions.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The styles clash when somebody doesn’t know how to take it because it’s the most gross shit ever to watch

Big splash by every generic fatty

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
the worm by Scott2Hotty and the caterpillar/elbow drop by Otis. I know, I know, it's supposed to be fun. It's not. It's stupid.

The leap off the top rope into a dozen wrestlers where everybody falls like a bunch of bowling pins afterwards. Stop doing that. It never looks believable.
You always have 1/3 of the people who aren't near the flying wrestler awkwardly falling either in the opposite direction or falling 2 seconds after the fact.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The leap off the top rope into a dozen wrestlers where everybody falls like a bunch of bowling pins afterwards. Stop doing that. It never looks believable.
You always have 1/3 of the people who aren't near the flying wrestler awkwardly falling either in the opposite direction or falling 2 seconds after the fact.

And usually openly gawking at the people or person on top of the rope just waiting for their leap.

Reactions: iamjs

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
hogans leg drop has got to be the worst finisher and least favorite move i can think of. a few times in the 80s i can remember him selling it and the impact being high (for a leg drop), but from the 90s on it looked like it did more damage to his ass then it did to the opponent

o yea and that stupid super man punch, done by anyone is lame... everytime someone does it i think of dude that got ran over by the steamroller in austin powers movie.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
hogans leg drop has got to be the worst finisher and least favorite move i can think of. a few times in the 80s i can remember him selling it and the impact being high (for a leg drop), but from the 90s on it looked like it did more damage to his ass then it did to the opponent

o yea and that stupid super man punch, done by anyone is lame... everytime someone does it i think of dude that got ran over by the steamroller in austin powers movie.
The leg drop actually did do a lot of damage to The Hulkster which is why by the early 2000's he rarely used it. If he ever did one last match he would literally be unable to do it.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
The leg drop actually did do a lot of damage to The Hulkster which is why by the early 2000's he rarely used it. If he ever did one last match he would literally be unable to do it.
no kidding? i didnt know that. makes sense though, hes a big dude.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Anything requiring a setup that otherwise never happens, or is so convoluted it makes suspending disbelief seem ridiculous.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
HBK’s super kick was way better before he started tuning up the band. It was so simple and beautiful. Duck under a clothesline, and bam.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->