What are some of the worst matches ever?

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I saw a match last summer between Nikki Cross and I think Carmella that made me never want to watch modern wrestling again.

Also, Cena vs Miz, WrestleMania 27.

Reactions: Kaner9

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sabu-Sandman from N2R 1997. An absolute disaster, mainly due to Sandman being so messed up on acid that he was hallucinating that he was fighting a giant lizard. Sabu said that at one point he was coming towards him going "Here lizard lizard!". Probably had among the most botched spots on a major PPV match ever.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

PurpleMouse

Apr 27, 2014
The whole show was bad but you'd have a hard time finding a worse match in wrestling history than the Bushwhackers vs Volkoff/Sheik at Heroes of Wrestling.

Reactions: sabremike

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
That “Kennel From Hell” match with Al Snow vs. Big Boss Man.

Woof. :help: No pun intended.

The match was bad, but Bossman feeding Snow Pepper Steak was awesome. Bossman was such an under rated performer.

Pretty much any WCW match with Nash, Hogan or Hall involved. But when they hit Goldberg with the cattle prod and he lost the best to Nash was awful.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The match was bad, but Bossman feeding Snow Pepper Steak was awesome. Bossman was such an under rated performer.

Pretty much any WCW match with Nash, Hogan or Hall involved. But when they hit Goldberg with the cattle prod and he lost the best to Nash was awful.

Bossman randomly becoming the most evil man in wrestling in the late 90s will always be funny to me. That feud and also his Big Show feud.

Reactions: ShelbyZ and Kaner9

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Sting vs Jeff Hardy is the actual worse match these eyes ever saw. If you told me that hed still be wrestling today Id say you are a damn liar :laugh:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He gave all of Dustin's matches poor ratings, because he didn't like the Goldust gimmick.
Like, what the heck does that have to do with the match in question.

Also the Goldust gimmick has aged about as well as Saba Simba so yeah...

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Bossman randomly becoming the most evil man in wrestling in the late 90s will always be funny to me. That feud and also his Big Show feud.

By all accounts he was a really smart and nice man behind the scenes. At the same time for a heavy guy he was a surprisingly good worker with really good speed, but he should always be remembered as the Big Boss man, not Big Bubba or the guardian angel.

I still remember playing him in that WWE arcade game all the time because that side walk slam was devastating.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Kinda funny, not sure where it belongs but I’m sure if Cameron is talking about an Alicia fox match it qualifies for being in here

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
At the same time for a heavy guy he was a surprisingly good worker with really good speed, but he should always be remembered as the Big Boss man, not Big Bubba or the guardian angel.

I'll have to disagree with you there - as a longtime NWA fan I'll always think of him first as Big Bubba Rogers.

CPnFNzeWEAE7Kfv.jpg

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
It didn't happen in a major promotion but watch the Iron Sheik vs. Mighty Maccabee at some indy show in NJ in 1997 (its on youtube), I watch it every once in a while to get a good laugh. Its basically 30 minutes of stalling, Sheik can barely walk and completely no sells, Maccabee isn't even a real wrestler (he is doing some sort of fundraiser) and there is a guy at ringside doing commentary on a live mic with horrible piped in crowd noise. Add Iron Mike Sharpe and Ken Patera at ringside too, classic

Its actually a four part match on youtube :eek::D

Reactions: Kaner9

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
It didn't happen in a major promotion but watch the Iron Sheik vs. Mighty Maccabee at some indy show in NJ in 1997 (its on youtube), I watch it every once in a while to get a good laugh. Its basically 30 minutes of stalling, Sheik can barely walk and completely no sells, Maccabee isn't even a real wrestler (he is doing some sort of fundraiser) and there is a guy at ringside doing commentary on a live mic with horrible piped in crowd noise. Add Iron Mike Sharpe and Ken Patera at ringside too, classic

Its actually a four part match on youtube :eek::D

Every Oldies match is a disaster to watch. It was also with Andre The Giant last match in Japan.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
300px-Jorge_Gonz%C3%A1lez_%28wrestler%29.jpg
330px-Khali_cropped.jpg

How about any match with:

Ahmed Johnson
Giant Gonzales
The Great Khali
Hulk Hogan
Ultimate Warrior

You gave me ptsd with those pics :ha: For real I do like Ahmed. I thought he was a future wwf champ. Then I heard him try to talk and :thumbd:

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There was a monster match in ecw. That was just brutal. I want to say it was mark henry vs kane vs khali vs viscera?

as the resident Big Daddy V fan I resent this post (but you’re right that was a beautiful, predictable trainwreck )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad