What are 2.2 million in benefits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
These things are listed in the fine print of the Levitt report

It includes

Benefits(disability and medical insurance, life insurance)
Medical treatement and insurance
Payroll taxes(the employers share of what is owned to the IRS or CCRA)
Pension payments.
etc etc etc

Crossroads*

Reilly311 said:
I think it's pretty obvious that it's strippers.

I think it's pretty obvious that you never add anything to a discussion.

MykeAbner

Feb 2, 2005
Crossroads said:
I think it's pretty obvious that you never add anything to a discussion.
Thank you for contributing that to the discussion, Crossroads. Your input has greatly helped to improve this thread.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
vanlady said:
These things are listed in the fine print of the Levitt report

It includes

Benefits(disability and medical insurance, life insurance)
Medical treatement and insurance
Payroll taxes(the employers share of what is owned to the IRS or CCRA)
Pension payments.
etc etc etc

$2.2MM per team seems a little low if the above constitute "benefits". I'm surprised lodging, per diem, moving expenses and other such stuff aren't included as well.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
Irish Blues said:
$2.2MM per team seems a little low if the above constitute "benefits". I'm surprised lodging, per diem, moving expenses and other such stuff aren't included as well.

Those things are also included. The one I have a REAL hard time swallowing as a business owner in this country is the payroll taxes. I have NEVER been able to essentially bill them back to my employees, it's called the cost of doing business.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
vanlady said:
Those things are also included. The one I have a REAL hard time swallowing as a business owner in this country is the payroll taxes. I have NEVER been able to essentially bill them back to my employees, it's called the cost of doing business.

That's why it's not counted as player salaries. It's included in players costs, like in costs of business related to workers...

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
Smail said:
That's why it's not counted as player salaries. It's included in players costs, like in costs of business related to workers...

I have never seen items that relate to employer related cost for employees in the side of the balance sheet Mr Levitt and Gary Bettman put them on. The cost of employing a trainer to keep your team healthy is not a player cost either, only in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->