What about this for the Czech Republic team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
as i know holik is an american citizen...if he is he can't be a czech citizen as well. czech republic doesn't allow double citizenship. it's funny thing if you are former czech and now you are a canadian for example you wanna go to czech republic you must apply for a visa... :lol

i don't think the holik is eligible for usa and czeck team at the same time...correct me if i'm wrong.

as for jagr thing...if i was a gm i would never invite him to any national team...ever

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
jcs_1983_shannonman said:
I heard Jagr say back in April that he is unsure about playing and that it will "depend on how good the team is going to be".

Those are the words that Jagr said.
Hey guys i might be wrong but i remember reading that article and i think he was talking about the World Championship not the World Cup..

Master Kush

Jan 29, 2003
Visit site
e-e said:
as i know holik is an american citizen...if he is he can't be a czech citizen as well. czech republic doesn't allow double citizenship. it's funny thing if you are former czech and now you are a canadian for example you wanna go to czech republic you must apply for a visa... :lol

i don't think the holik is eligible for usa and czeck team at the same time...correct me if i'm wrong.

as for jagr thing...if i was a gm i would never invite him to any national team...ever

You are wrong. THe Czech republic allows for double citizenships as me and my family all have Czech and Canadian passports.

THe US on the other hand, i think, does not allow for double citizenship..

Anyways, I'm really disappointed to hear the Hamrlik, Lang, Straka, And Reichel are possibly not playing. The first three are vital members of the team while the latter is a proven int'l tourny player. If those four don't play then it will seriously hamper their chances of winning, which is sad because the Czech woudn't be sending their best team..

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Master Kush said:
You are wrong. THe Czech republic allows for double citizenships as me and my family all have Czech and Canadian passports.

THe US on the other hand, i think, does not allow for double citizenship..

Both the Czech Republic and the US allow the double citizenship.
I know it because my dad is half Czech half American.

If that's not enough for you, then just remember that Fedorov is half American half Russian since 2001, and that in 2002 he played at the Olympics for Russia and nobody said anything. Why? Because everything is legal!

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
jcs_1983_shannonman said:
I heard Jagr say back in April that he is unsure about playing and that it will "depend on how good the team is going to be".

Those are the words that Jagr said.
well, he played for the world championship team, so the world cup team can be no worse. Jagr will play, and like the worlds, he will play well.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
I wouldn't consider not putting Sykora and Elias on a line together. Theres about as much chemistry as is possible between those two guys.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
You'll never see Holik in an international match. He played for the Czech team when he was young, so he can't play on another international team. At the same time, he'll never play for Czech because he has severed ties with them.

At least that's the situation as I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->