What about Semin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
What do you guys think about Semin? I know he showed up late for practice twice before the WJC and got cut from the team because of it, then put back on. How does he play? Does he have issues with discipline? Thanx for your help!

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Foppa_Rules said:
What do you guys think about Semin? I know he showed up late for practice twice before the WJC and got cut from the team because of it, then put back on. How does he play? Does he have issues with discipline? Thanx for your help!

I believe there was a contract issue with the caps that was the reason why didn't practice... at least that is what I read. Also it apparently came down to pressure from all the players on the WJC squad vs. their coach that got him back on.

MartinStLouis

Sep 3, 2003
DC Metro area
Visit site
usiel said:
I believe there was a contract issue with the caps that was the reason why didn't practice... at least that is what I read. Also it apparently came down to pressure from all the players on the WJC squad vs. their coach that got him back on.

Semin is gonna be something amazing once he grows into his body. He has some amazing hands and now with the possiblity of getting Ovechkin, he can improve eveen faster, look for a breakout season either the next or the one after that, I've wathced him in person many times and see lots of potential

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Semin needs to get his head screwed on straight, based on what you hear whispered around the team, but he's a world-class talent. Playing with a player like Ovechkin, provided that one of them switches to the right, would certainly accelerate the development of his skill set. His maturing process may take longer.

I am hoping that playing with a compatriot with a reputation for a positive attitude like Ovechkin will help him stick to the right path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad