What about Parise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
9) Zach Parise - C - New Jersey Devils
The jury is out weather he should be considered a top 5 blue chip but we all know he is a stud. Thanks to the Devils' Lamoriello and mastermind David Conte the Devils traded up to get Parise. Eagerly the Devils signed the US gold medalist and tournament MVP who was a Hobey Baker finalist. Intelligence, skill and character are his highlights. His career can follow the same path as any Devils mentor he picks: Scott Gomez, Brian Gionta, John Madden. A blend of all three would be my guess.

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/Red_light.html

9th best blue chip prospect.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Chaos said:
And Martin St. Louis wasnt drafted at all..and Daigle was drafted #1 overall..and Demitra was drafted in the 8th round and Datsyuk was drafted in the 6th round.....draft position isnt nearly as important..."he was projected as a top 10 pick"....good for him..doesnt mean as much to me as it is to you, obviously. As for the Elias part...who knows...perhaps Madden's talent that got him a 98 point season in the AHL just didnt translate to the NHL...And Elias/Madden situation in the AHL are totally different...Elias put up 63 points in his 1st season in NA as a 20 year old, and followed it up with 67 points(in 57 games) as a 21 year old. But obviously, arguing with a NJ fan over Parise wont get anywhere, because one side isnt as biased as the other.
You of all people should be very careful when your talking about bias.

There are usually very specific reasons why certain prospects fall or not. Look at Robbie Schremp, easily a top 10 talent in the draft, but fell because of attitude problems. That doesn't mean he isn't talented. Our opinions of him aren't very different anyway. A lot of prospects have 75 point potential, not all of them will reach it. Parise IMO has that potential, however whether he reaches it or not is a different story. BTW Datsyuk is shorter than Parise.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Chaos said:
I'll give you the fact that NJ has a great track record with prospects.....doesnt mean anything here. How can you be so sure Parise wont get pushed around? You see the future?
How can you be so sure he will? What really matter is if he plays like he is small, and if he did I doubt Conte would have drafted him. He won't be a bruiser, but being under 6' doesn't automatically make someone a pushover. Brendan Morrow is under 6', I wouldn't say he gets pushed around.

Unknownbutfamous

Apr 11, 2004
DownFromNJ said:
John Madden is 5'11" 190 pounds at age 31 and he doesn't get pushed around. Zach Parise is 5'11" 186 pounds at age 19 and won't get pushed around.

it's impossible to know if Parise wont get knocked around. It doesn't matter how much you weight its the muscle weight that is important. Jamie Lundmark is 195 and he gets knocked around alot.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
MissionHockey said:
How can you be so sure he will? What really matter is if he plays like he is small, and if he did I doubt Conte would have drafted him. He won't be a bruiser, but being under 6' doesn't automatically make someone a pushover. Brendan Morrow is under 6', I wouldn't say he gets pushed around.

I never said he would get pushed around...just questioning how you can be so certain he wont...and the Morrow comparison is way off-base...Morrow weighs 210lbs...what does Parise weigh, like 185lbs?

Jovo Cop

This board has become so predictable ..North american prospects are ALL over hyped eg-Parise ,Schremp and Phaneuf while the Euros are all "money " guarenteed to make it eg-Ovechkin,malkov and Lehtonen .
Then even when they dont "make" it eg-Hossa (marcel),Kraft,Brendl ..its always because "they werent given a fair shake in North America .
Its good for a laugh ..thats about it .

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Chaos said:
I never said he would get pushed around...just questioning how you can be so certain he wont...and the Morrow comparison is way off-base...Morrow weighs 210lbs...what does Parise weigh, like 185lbs?
So its set in stone that Parise will be that weight forever? Thats a difference of 25 lbs, a few monthes in a weight room could change that. Morrow worked hard to gain that weight, whos to say Parise can't do the same? I'm not saying he will, but all he has to do is work hard.

I'm not certain of anything, but I see no reason why he should be so limited by his size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad