What about Jason Botterill as Poile's replacement ?

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I don't see it being anybody but Fenton. They aren't going to bypass their own Assistant GM for one on another team.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
basically because like our d-men we like homegrown. fenton has been in waiting and mentored by poile since they started together. i just don't see us wasting time to find another gm outside of fenton.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
I have been told that Fenton has been responsible for our draft board.

I would say that's a reason to keep him, because our draft boards are always quite good.

That being said, if we're going for a complete culture change, I'm not sure Fenton is the man for that job, having been in the organization for 16 years. Plenty of teams promote from within, though - that's how the Red Wings ended up with Ken Holland.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
The concern I would have with Fenton is if the point of replacing Poile is to change philosophy, how different will Fenton be?

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
The concern I would have with Fenton is if the point of replacing Poile is to change philosophy, how different will Fenton be?

Fenton is very good in the draft and he hasn't always agreed with what Poile and Trotz have been wanting to do but gets overruled because of his status. I think he's more in line with the Shero way of thinking. At least I hope he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad