What about Center Ice subscriptions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
I have signed up on Directv for Center Ice-- how will it be handled during the lockout? Should I 'unselect' it as a premium service, or will nothing be charged to my account since we are under a lockout? Anybody have a clue??

thrill_me_mogilny

May 23, 2003
I believe you'd still be charged. I called up Rogers Cable to ask about charges in case of a lockout, and was told that if you sign up, you pay, regardless of what they show. That's why I decided not to shell out the $199.00 per season they demanded - up front and in full.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
thrill_me_mogilny said:
I believe you'd still be charged... That's why I decided not to shell out the $199.00 per season they demanded - up front and in full.
NOT TRUE of DirecTv. I called; people can leave there subscriptions active-- if they do, they will get a pro-rated deal based on what season there is, if any, and no charge if the season is a scrub.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
Check this out...

Q: Can I order NHL Center Ice?
A: Absolutely! You can order now and you will not be billed for NHL® CENTER ICE ® until October. If the 2004-05 season does not begin as scheduled, you will not be billed until the new start date for the 2004-05 season has been determined.

Q: How much will NHL® CENTER ICE® cost if the season doesn't start on time?
A: The package price will be established once a season start date is announced. However, if the season doesn't start on time and there's a reduction of games in NHL Center Ice, the price will be adjusted based on the number of games played.

Q: I already ordered the NHL Early Bird offer ($139 1-pay or 4-pay at $34.75). Will I be billed?
A: Yes. When you ordered the package, the price was already set based on a full season schedule. You chose to be billed in one payment of $139 or in four payments of $34.75. That's the lowest full season price available. However, if the package price is adjusted due to a reduction of games, you'll get credit for the difference in price. If the season is canceled, you'll get credit at that time.

Q: I paid for the NHL Combo offer last year. Will I get credit?
A: If the 2004-2005 package price is adjusted due to a reduction of games, you'll get credit for the difference in price. If the season is canceled, you'll get credit at that time.

Q: Should I cancel the package and order it later?
A: No. Keeping the package ensures you the lowest possible price and that you won't miss any exciting action when the season starts. If the 2004-05 season does not begin as scheduled, you will not be billed until the new start date for the 2004-05 season has been determined.

http://www.directvsports.com/Packages/NHLCenterIce/Questions/

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I still had them turn on my Fox Sports package just for AHL and college hockey. The Penguins are putting on some classic games and I'm hoping that some other teams do it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad