What about an nhl.tv online network

Status
Not open for further replies.

oli500

Aug 22, 2003
Kitchener
Visit site
People all over the nhl have been trying to find ways to promote the game. Why not create something like mlb.tv. I know people can get nhl center ice but not everyone can aford a satelite just for that package. An nhl.tv would be the ideal system to have are game promoted overseas. I mean hockey is very popular in europe and people over there dont have the chance to see there heros as often as we do. Hockey could take advantage of the internet but there not. Its something they should truly consider.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
How much are you going to pay for it?

MLB.tv is not really an online network. It is streamed games and a weekly fantasy baseball discussion show.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Personally, I find it comical that the Western Hockey League can webcast all of it's games - and the league has to produce the games itself, becuase there are no TV deals like the NHL has - but the NHL cant find it's way onto the internet.

Slapshot17

Aug 29, 2004
Prince George
They would be stupid not to look into this because it's a huge revenue stream they are missing out on, especially from overseas fans, or fans with service providers that don't offer NHL centre ice. MLB.tv is great. The NHL needs to catch up with the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad