What about a hard cap and linkage to lux tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Now that Bettman says linkage is back on the table were back to square one almost. Except that we all know the NHL and NHLPA will cave in again. Heres my suggestion to the NHL and NHLPA:

Everyone knows the revenues are going to drop drastically so why not do this:

- Hard Cap at 42m (will get lower and lower the longer this goes)

- salary floor at 20m (for teams that revenues drop drastically)

LINKAGE to the LUXURY TAX:
I believe I heard Bettman say he doesn't like luxury tax unless it is linked to revenue, so how about, having a luxury tax $1:1 over a certain % of revenues (53%).
For example if 53% is 32m then everything from 32-42 is $1:1 but if revenues drop 30%, then the luxury tax kicks in $1:1 at $24m or whatever 53% is.
Do this for the first 3 seasons after the lockout and by then the revenues should be a little more predictable.

I have no idea what the final deal will look like but the numbers are going to get drastically smaller coming from NHL's offers and NHLPA doesn't want that obviously (idiots should've taken $42m cap with no linkage while they could)
but this kind of a hybrid deals sounds good to me, what about to you?

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Unless the player's rebel against Goodenow and seek a deal, any further discussion is pointless until September. Frankly, I think most of us are tired about hearing offers that the NHLPA will just reject anyway.

Reilly311

trahans99 said:
Doesn't anyone have an opinion on this idea?

The season is over. The players are ****ed. Please stop with this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad