What a great hockey!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The agrument another poster made about the rivalries being just as intense is spoken by someone who has never played a 7 game series. Lining up against the same guy every second night and battling for every inch of ice is a different animal all together. There is so much more invested in playing an entire season with the same group of guys, practicing every day battling through injuries and ups and downs as a group. This tournament is an escape for NHL players that were on bad teams, its like playing hockey on a holiday vacation. Its very enjoyable to watch as I love hockey, any hockey is bonus hockey its interesting to see different players from different teams come together and play in a fun tournament. However its not the same level as the NHL playoffs and there is nothing wrong with that.

:rolleyes: I may as well say that's being spoken like someone who has never lived in a country with actual history.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
:rolleyes: I may as well say that's being spoken like someone who has never lived in a country with actual history.
Another terrible response. Youre 2 for 2 in this thread. You clearly have never played the sport. Some people have that post here believe it or not.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It seems that you are the one that reject the examples when they don't fit your narrative. Fact is that Ovecheckin is a 50 goal scorer each year in the NHL, yet he can't score against a team Finland with 18 tournament rookies and looked average at best. I also remember Crosby from the Olympic tournament of 2014 at a time when he was still considered the best player in the world, yet performed very average at best.

In the NHL most Ovechkin goals are generated by him standing still and taking shots from the blue line or the famous "Ovi spot". In tournaments like this one you actually have to work hard and skate to get a goal. Ovechkin doesn't get chances like in the NHL when the other team is desperately defending and putting their bodies in front to block the shots. It's not a superstar versus superstar play and team play decides more than individual effort as opposed to the NHL.
Out to lunch. 'Actually skate hard to score a goal' lol yeah its so easy to score goals in the NHL you dont have to skate. Is that the best you can come up with?

member 305909

I hope they change the schedule in the future tournaments. Play the semis on Friday and the final on Sunday afternoon. If the bronze-match must be played play that on Saturday.

stonec

Nov 21, 2011
Out to lunch. 'Actually skate hard to score a goal' lol yeah its so easy to score goals in the NHL you dont have to skate. Is that the best you can come up with?

Well it may not apply as a general rule, but people like Ovechkin or Laine score their goals in NHL by parking on their favourite spots, which doesn't take much skating. In these international tournaments Ovechkin doesn't seem to be able to score as much, for whatever reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->