What’s the most shocking record out of these teams?

Which record shocks you the most?

• Total voters

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
"Shocking" as in "solely looking at the record without seeing the context or schedule" would be Buffalo or SF.

The Steelers' start is the most surprising to me all things considered.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Green Bay has Rodgers healthy and opened the money vault for defensive free agents, and them winning games against pretty mediocre teams is seen as a surprise? I’m not sure they belong on this list.

Reactions: Voight

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Going with Detroit.
Bills and 49ers are impressive but they've not really played any good teams yet.

Detroit blew the Cardinals game but has since beat 2 teams who many expected to be playoff contenders in the Chargers and Eagles.

Sep 19, 2008
Steelers were largely Brown though and never found a proper replacement. Plus lack of Roethlisburger = devastating blow

I would say Detroit.

SF has surprised me too as I have been ardently on the fire Shanahan bandwagon. I pipe down cause SF has had some good wins.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Going with Detroit.
Bills and 49ers are impressive but they've not really played any good teams yet.

Detroit blew the Cardinals game but has since beat 2 teams who many expected to be playoff contenders in the Chargers and Eagles.
I agree with SF not playing good teams for the most part, but TB is a missed chip shot from winning each game after the SF matchup. The Bengals almost beat both Seattle and the Bills in their other games.

I don't think any fans who follow SF close are thaf surprised. They have a ton of talent, especially on the front-7 defensively. It's all about staying healthy and not turning the damn ball over 5 times.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Going with Detroit.

On paper though Detroit has a very decent team coming into the season imo. its up to the coaching staff to get this machine rolling.
prepare for an upset next week :p jk but it would be awesome if they could pull of a W vs KC.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Eagles and Chargers have surprised me the most this year with their poor play, so of these options my answer is easily the Lions considering they beat both of them.

Both the Bills and Patriots have had a lay-up of a schedule so far, we'll see how far apart those two teams really are this weekend, which I think is an absolutely massive gap.

Packers have surprised me a bit. I thought the NFC North would be very competitive at the top and they beat out the two teams I thought would be right there alongside them.

Cleveland had a horrendous first game, but they've played as I expected them to since.

Cowboys have had a joke of a schedule, although I still think they're a good team.

49ers have surprised me a bit, but again, easy schedule.

Steelers haven't surprised me in the slightest. They lost the best WR in football, the best RB in football (at the time he held out), and now have lost their QB.

Last edited:

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
I agree with SF not playing good teams for the most part, but TB is a missed chip shot from winning each game after the SF matchup. The Bengals almost beat both Seattle and the Bills in their other games.

I don't think any fans who follow SF close are thaf surprised. They have a ton of talent, especially on the front-7 defensively. It's all about staying healthy and not turning the damn ball over 5 times.

Yeah I mean no disrespect to San Fran I think they could potentially be a playoff team if they stay healthy. Saying that I think 3-0 flatters them a bit.
Much like Dallas and the Bills.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Going with Detroit.

It's interesting... opinions around the country seemed to be massively underrating Detroit prior to the season, and I don't know why. At the same time, the Chargers and Eagles had some major injury problems, so those wins aren't actually all that impressive.

Still seems like we're on track for 8-8 or so, which was to be expected, but for some reason seems like it would shock a lot of people

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
It's interesting... opinions around the country seemed to be massively underrating Detroit prior to the season, and I don't know why. At the same time, the Chargers and Eagles had some major injury problems, so those wins aren't actually all that impressive.

Still seems like we're on track for 8-8 or so, which was to be expected, but for some reason seems like it would shock a lot of people

Probably a lot to do with most having you as the worst team in your division. The Chargers and Eagles definitely could've won those games but Detroit did a good job of capitalizing on mistakes and taking what was given to them.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah I mean no disrespect to San Fran I think they could potentially be a playoff team if they stay healthy. Saying that I think 3-0 flatters them a bit.
Much like Dallas and the Bills.
None taken. They just aren't a team that's followed nationally unless they're good. I can see why people are surprised. I'm not totally shocked just because I see them every day.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Buffalo but in all honesty it's not gonna last.

They escaped New York with a win because Adam Gase is a moron. They beat a lousy Giants team still starting Eli and then just barely avoided disaster against the Bengals yesterday. Regression is going to smack them right in the face.

San Francisco at least won two of their three games convincingly.

Reactions: pockets

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
I'm going with Buffalo being 3-0, also could have gone with SF, because I don't buy for a second that either team is nearly as good as their record suggest.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
In the eyes of many it's Cleveland. Didn't buy in myself as every year there is one team that get hyped up way too much and falls flat.

Pittsburgh looked okay on paper until you remember they bombed down the stretch last year. Now without Brown(who has gone completely AWOL from the NFL) while Roethlisberger gets hurt in week 2. Their game versus San Francisco became more of a pick-em. They need to win in week 4 if they have any hope for the playoffs. Weak AFC or not.

That is also why I believe Buffalo is a legit Wild Card contender. Starting off 3-0 with a good defense and the ability to play multiple game versus an injury ravaged Jets squad and the 2020 #1 pick Miami Dolphins.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
On paper though Detroit has a very decent team coming into the season imo. its up to the coaching staff to get this machine rolling.
prepare for an upset next week :p jk but it would be awesome if they could pull of a W vs KC.
Even throughout their wins, the Lions showed some major weaknesses. If they somehow manage to get all their units going, the Lions could be pretty, pretty good. The NFC North figures to be a bloodbath regardless.

Gruß,
BSHH

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Green Bay has Rodgers healthy and opened the money vault for defensive free agents, and them winning games against pretty mediocre teams is seen as a surprise? I’m not sure they belong on this list.

Chicago and Minnesota are mediocre teams?

Chicago lost one game at home last year (to the SB champion Patriots), the Packers winning at Soldier Field and then following it up with another divisional win vs. Minnesota was pretty impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->