What’s going on with Mcdavid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Alex Chiasson and Jujhar Khaira are the 4th and 5th highest scoring forwards in Edmonton.
On paper, there's not many worse teams than Edmonton. That team is garb.
Forwards on oilers is worse. But i take current oiler D over canucks D.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Forwards on oilers is worse. But i take current oiler D over canucks D.

Choosing which defensive corps you like more, Edmonton or Vancouver; is like picking which testicle you want to kicked in. The left or the right, they're both bad.

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
I'm sure he has got to be frustrated with his current employer but is anything really all that wrong?
In February he still has 10 points in 8 games (although only 2 goals) so that is still 100+ point pace. Just because he isn't as nuclear hot as Kucherov (18 points in his last 5 games lolwut) doesn't mean something is wrong.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Nothing is wrong with McDavid.

Kucherov is having the best season in a long time, and is on a team that puts up 5 goals a game.

When you're constantly winning, points come a bit easier.

When you're playing with players who can score, and send you a good pass, points come easier.

If the opposing team is pulling their goalie, points come easier.

He's fine, and his team is terrible.

Reactions: Nickmo82

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Nobody is entitled to win every Art Ross no matter how good they are. Gretzky didn't, Lemieux didn't, Crosby didn't, McDavid won't either.

Effect his legacy... Lol. What a ridiculous take.

RedLeader

Feb 13, 2008
Three points.

With all due to respect to Gretzky, he only competed with other Canadians for the most part. There is simply too much talent in the NHL to win the Art Ross every single year.
Right now.
1. Player from Russia (didn't have any players in the NHL in the 80-ties.)
2. Player from USA (had a fraction of todays numbers)
Same goes for every other Country except Canada(which is roughly the same given the increase in number of teams) which will sometimes win the Art Ross over McDavid.

Second point is , team. Gretzky played on a stacked team. It does matter , what the team around you does.

Now having said that, McDavid is no Gretzky or Lemieux. McDavid is not producing at some level that is much above his peers,he never has and most likely never will. McDavid can be in the Crosby/Jagr category though I'm not convinced McDavid will have the longevity of someone like Jagr due to how much his game relies on speed, though I'm sure he will adapt as he ages, it's still a question mark for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad