What’s going on with Mcdavid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Currently getting spanked in the Art Ross race and his production has been very inconsistent as of late. What is going on with Mcdavid and will losing this Art Ross hurt his legacy? To me he should win every year with his skill set

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Currently getting spanked in the Art Ross race and his production has been very inconsistent as of late. What is going on with Mcdavid and will losing this Art Ross hurt his legacy? To me he should win every year with his skill set

He is no Gretzky to win it every year. There are plenty of other great young players in the League who will compete with him for his entire career.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
We need to talk about Connor.

k4yi04nvpowy.jpg

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He's probably jaded and fatigued from being carrying such a terrible organization for so long.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
He's gone pointless three times in a game since January 1st.

What more do you want? He's pretty remarkably consistent at producing at least a point.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
He’s frustrated playing for a shitty team. Having that much sadness/anger/frustration on your shoulders every night will affect on ice performance. We desperately need a Save McDavid campaign.

Reactions: koalabear9301

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
What makes McDavid so good is his consistency.

Will there be other players that have better seasons than him? Of course, we are seeing that play out this year.

But until any of the handful of players consistently give him a run for his money, he’ll be seen as the best player.

But make no mistake.....Kootch is making a strong argument over the last couple years to be talked about in the same breath as McDavid.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Mcdavid has another great season he is 1.25 ppg.

But he aint no Gretzky if people really expect that.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
This thread will be filled with people who don't watch him and Oilers fans on damage control but there is something off with him. His give a shit meter is pretty low. His defensive game has fallen off a cliff and it is clearly a lack of 2nd effort causing it. He seems to be going through the motions for a while now, only putting in as much effort as needed instead of how dominant he has been.

I think honestly he is just really frustrated. No matter how well he plays the team keeps moving backwards. This is a player who is souring on the organization. I suspect the offseason is going to be really helpful in giving him a break to regroup. So long as they start winning again next season or at least are a playoff team they'll be fine. Otherwise I would not be shocked to see him request a trade.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
he's on (by far) the worst team in Hockey, imagine having the best player on the face of the planet AND Leon Draisatl then being this bad, Chiarelli has to be in the running for worst GM in NHL history, it takes a special kind of awful to be able to balls up having God on Skates on your roster

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
He's on pace for his best season, he's doing just fine, but his team not so much

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Is oilers roster really worse than canucks on paper?

Alex Chiasson and Jujhar Khaira are the 4th and 5th highest scoring forwards in Edmonton.
On paper, there's not many worse teams than Edmonton. That team is garb.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Good lord. He's 3rd in NHL scoring on the worst team in the league. There's nothing wrong with Connor. Anyone who suggests otherwise should give up watching hockey right now.

It appears the OP already doesn't watch Oilers games, which is fine because they're boring (but then don't comment on them)

This is how they usually go:
  • McDavid torches unsuspecting defenders 2-5 times in the first period.
  • The opposing team gets the lead
  • The combination of the first two points, allows opposing teams to collapse low and over-focus their coverage on McDavid.
  • The pass to Draisaitl is also tightly covered
  • Oilers points are now wide open so McDavid starts passing to them; however, none of them are threats from the point so they fail to get shots through
The Oilers roster outside the top-3 is failing McDavid. It sucks to watch and, I imagine, play through if you're McDavid.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
He is having a bad stretch.. cold in Edmonton and the team is poo..

-4C today. That’s hot! He will have a good game tonight

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Kucherov is only 25 years old and is going to good for awhile so is Tampa . Since the start of last season the player with the most points is Kucherov. Odds are McDavid isn't going to win every year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->