OT: What’re we watching/reading/playing?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Kiesel. I ordered back in late November after the wife gave the go-ahead on a Custom 24 10-top in Violet. Sweetwater said it'd be at least June or July on a non-custom, so I saved a bit of money and received more options.
I forgot to mention my baby ... Fender Jazz. I was thinking about Sweetwater, but the idea of ordering online kind of scares me. How is their delivery?
91364948_10163214443245608_8573490064166748160_n.jpg

Last edited:

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
My wife is friends with both authors of the Expanse books, and I’ve hung out with both guys before this was published, certainly before the show was a thing. It’s cool to see how it’s grown. I’m terribly biased, but I think the series (both novels and the TV show) stand on their own quality. Highest recommendations.

My favorite line from Season 4:
“Are you alive?”
“I’m acing my Turing test!”
The novels are up next on my reading list once I get through the Dark Tower. I'm not as in to written science fiction as I am movie/TV science fiction, but I have heard nothing but good things. That's cool that you have a personal connection to the writers. I hope that they have made a fair share of money from the series.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Watching:

I saw a double rainbow yesterday, on Mother's Day with my wife and one kid. To me they are absolutely beautiful :)

I saw a huge scorpion the other day. It was at night and huge scorpions in AZ are still pretty small, so I stepped on him :)

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Craptastic to acceptable. This Christmas was the first time I ordered from them. They delayed sending me the rest of my 2k+ order because one of the cables I wanted (for my son's rig) was out of stock. Took somewhere between 2-3 weeks to get it from Indiana to Illinois. :facepalm:
Wow. That’s pretty terrible

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Video games and YouTube and stuff got old a while ago for me, so I picked up a Kindle Unlimited trial and started reading everything they'd give me with the word "Dragon" in the title because I'm a fantasy degenerate. Now that I've started reading again, I've discovered how hopelessly connected I am to my phone. It's like I subconsciously check it every time I finish a chapter or something. I hope I can get back some sense of patience after this is all over.

I am very determined to learn how to solder this week, too. I'd like to pick it up because I'm meaning to work on a custom keyboard that finally came in last week. Hopefully I don't burn myself too much.

I feel you on the high fantasy novels. I have working my way through quite a few of them during these times. I am currently on book called "The Name of the Wind" and I am really enjoying it. No dragons thus far but who knows where it will go. I would also highly suggest "Six of Crows" and "The Lies of Locke Lamora"

Reactions: bluebird enthusiast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad