Do you like 'Whalers Night'?

• Total voters

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Are you sitting down for this?

I've come around. The throwback vibe between this year and last has completely won me over. I'm actually to the point where I'd like to see them do next year's as a '90s throwback (maybe when the Stars come to town and they could wear North Stars throwbacks for maximum trolling?) with the 1992-1997 jersey set

Whalers11.png

giphy.gif

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
Are you sitting down for this?

I've come around. The throwback vibe between this year and last has completely won me over. I'm actually to the point where I'd like to see them do next year's as a '90s throwback (maybe when the Stars come to town and they could wear North Stars throwbacks for maximum trolling?) with the 1992-1997 jersey set

Whalers11.png

Personally I’ve always liked these better than the Greens

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I'm hopeful that Hartford will get their Whalers back in the next 15 years via expansion. They can happily have their history and traditions back if it happens (I'm very optimistic considering that the NHL wants to expand to 40 teams), but in the meantime, this is a great way to celebrate the history of our franchise before it became the Hurricanes.

A leauge already diluted out with 32 teams, with perfect symmetry, that makes me wonder, how will that happen?
Add to that, people tend to play E - sport more than real sports, the talentpool gets shallow.

And more to that, sorry, Quebek gets a no, even if they could show money. Bettman being ass.
Quebek is a better market than Hartford was.

Reactions: Unsustainable

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
The league is stirring the pot with their posts and tweets about it today per usual. The debates about it have some fans hate clicking.

The Canes get such mileage from their content and their creation of hot hockey topics.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
A leauge already diluted out with 32 teams, with perfect symmetry, that makes me wonder, how will that happen?
Add to that, people tend to play E - sport more than real sports, the talentpool gets shallow.

And more to that, sorry, Quebek gets a no, even if they could show money. Bettman being ass.
Quebek is a better market than Hartford was.

Is Bettman really being an ass about Quebec though? Seems to me the owners don't really value a return of the Nordiques and would rather have Houston if it came down to it, and what the owners want they get.

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
I wore my white Cullen jersey in Boston for Whalers night last year. Did anyone see me? Pretty sure I was the only guy in the Garden with a Cullen jersey. Also I was the guy who freaked when Aho scored.

Reactions: DaveG and sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->