Post-Game Talk: Whalercanes it is - NOW the playoffs begin - Caps 2 BRUINS 1 F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Pretty much the whole team needs to come out with a different attitude.

I thought Bjork played well and Pasta looked good.

I really do hope they were thinking like Tuukka said " now we got that out of the way we can play the real games". I am not sure that is the attitude they should have had but if they were REALLY trying it would be worse (than if they didn't consider the game important). I hope they can turn it on tomorrow.

I really need them to win .
GO B'S !

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I still have a bad feeling about all of this. Still hope I am wrong.

I seems fake and not like a real Cup series.

sigh. If the B's come out tomorrow and win hopefully I will feel different.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
So what are the odds Columbus beats Tampa again and the Islanders outlast Washington? :naughty:
Tampa may be without Hedman and Stammer, odds look good. Isles are better with the coach Trotz and he knows the Caps well. Caps only have one decent goalie Holtby and he is a question mark, Samsonov is not playing.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
You're not wrong. It's a gimmick tournament.

How is it a gimmick?

Would you have just cancelled the season? No cup awarded?

I think the NHL is making the best of things to fulfill their TV contract and to award the Stanley Cup. Is it ideal? Not even close to being ideal. But it's making the best of what's been handed to them.

If they come out and drop the first game tomorrow, I won't be hopeful they'll ever find "it" to turn things up.

But, Go Bruins.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
How is it a gimmick?

I think the NHL is making the best of things to fulfill their TV contract and to award the Stanley Cup. Is it ideal? Not even close to being ideal. But it's making the best of what's been handed to them.

If they come out and drop the first game tomorrow, I won't be hopeful they'll ever find "it" to turn things up.

But, Go Bruins.
I agree it is the best they can do. You know me...I am in this until the end for the B's .

It still doesn't feel real to me though.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
What difference does that make?

He just came out of the box, had fresh legs. Where was that ability to push the puck up ice?
It makes a huge difference. Have you played every position on the ice?

I doubt Clifton really knows what his positioning is or how to properly play the breakout from the wing. Instead of him making the first pass he now has the puck on the boards with a D pinching on him. Pretty reasonable play for him to try and chip it out, but obviously it went too far.

Reactions: BruinDust

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
How is it a gimmick?

But, Go Bruins.

Like others I am all in in terms of support of this team in this tournament.

I will admit I was a proponent of letting this season go right from the start because I felt somehow they wouldn’t get things right in terms of structure and seeding.

IMO they didn’t.

But honestly the issues I have are not really all that impactful on the outcome of the these quasi playoffs.

So here is where we are, and whoever wins gets the Cup....maybe there is an opportunity for a terrific outcome And great story? Gonna ride this train and see what these Bs can muster up in pursuit of the Covid Cup, maybe somehow they turn this into a magic moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: RustyBruins72

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm pretty relaxed.

I'll feel better, though, when Cassidy finally wakes up and puts Par Lindholm in the lineup.
I am a fan of Par

when they signed him I was what a waste but he shows up

I’m Cassidy I tell my team they need to attack - responsibly

enough of this shit I been watching

Get on them
Get back
Take it to them

Enough of the malaise BS

JoeyBananas

Aug 24, 2018
Absolutely not.

Don't they have enough guys with stone hands, and no scoring ability, in the lineup? Might as well bench Pastrnak and play Kuhlman.

Lindholm may be a little better than Nordstrom, but that's not saying much. I'd play Frederic over the both of them, just for his size alone. Studnicka might be a better option also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->