We've Got No JVR, We've Got No Patrick, Our Konecny's HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
People were suggesting that Patrick could be better than Couturier this season. I suggested we shouldn't freak out if he merely has a 48-point season this year and was scoffed at.

Even with the injuries, it seems like the offense will be fine-ish. Yes, we don't have the depth we've been waiting to see for years but we've gotten by with worse.

The defense and PK are an utter disaster.

Fire Lappy. Fire Hakstol. Jettison MacDonald. Fire Folin into the sun.

bauer

I WANT GOALS
Nov 11, 2007
All three have done nothing so right now theyu wont be missed. Hopefully they figure out there is more to the game then cheating for break aways.

JVR, Patrick and Konecny won't be missed? :facepalm:

sometimes i think we don't deserve an NHL team with some of the fans we have. it's embarrassing. it's like the 70's destroyed some people's brains. we need MOAR grit and sandpaper!

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Year 1 of Hak's extension!

giphy.gif

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
JVR, Patrick and Konecny won't be missed? :facepalm:

sometimes i think we don't deserve an NHL team with some of the fans we have. it's embarrassing. it's like the 70's destroyed some people's brains. we need MOAR grit and sandpaper!
Right now the way they have played. The wrong way is bad habits and all three have bad habits right now.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Folin is fine as a #7/press box guy. You really don't want him to be playing any real time though. If an injury happens, you just call up a guy and not play Folin. Folin's a guy who should play when a player is sick or has a minor injury during a road trip.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
1. I hope that all the injuries doesn't mean Hextall will use this as an excuse to keep Hak around.

2. On the bright side this could work out where the are able to sign Konecny to a 6 year 24 million contract.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A good coach can work around injuries; see how injuries never slow Pitt down.

Unfortunately we don't have one of those. These are players we rely upon to win games on their own, and they're dropping. The omen is bad.

Sure he can, as long as his GM is willing to trade assets to patch those holes.
Pitt traded for players to compensate for every major injury, it wasn't Sullivan pulling a player out of his hat.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Jokes aside this is depressing. Please be ok TK, we need his speed and he makes games worth watching, at least for me.
Hak doesnt think so!

He played him LEAST OF ALL FORWARDS, INCLUDING WEISE AND LEHTERA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ONE OF THE GUYS WHO CARRIED THIS TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR

I
DONT
GET
IT

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I’m diehard and season ticket holder. These Hak years have really made me question if I want to watch this team as closely anymore. It’s pretyy sad. Only way to overcome it is having more talent. Hopefully this is the end of it.

Reactions: Rebels57

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Sure he can, as long as his GM is willing to trade assets to patch those holes.
Pitt traded for players to compensate for every major injury, it wasn't Sullivan pulling a player out of his hat.

Who did they acquire for Murray?

Sullivan incorporated those players effectively. Hakstol is deeply bad at roster management, the notion of him compensating for injuries with callups or trade is laughable.

I know, I know: You think he's flawless. You're wrong.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Sullivan had a stacked deck with his roster compared to what Hakstol had to work with when he came here. Its not a fair comp. That being said, I am totally disappointed with the development that the Flyers younger guys have showed compared to those in other organizations. IMO, this team needs a Keenan or Sutter type coach who will grow these guys and kick their butts when they mess up. The idea that coaches like that can't develop talent is nonsense.

Reactions: Normand Lacombe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->