Injury Report: Westgarth, Khudobin, Semin, Hainsey

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Well. While I appreciate our confirmed inside source giving us an update at the time of the injury, he was pretty wrong about Khudobin... :laugh:

This was an injury that simply took longer to heal than expected. I wouldn't call out the "source" for something like that.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
This was an injury that simply took longer to heal than expected. I wouldn't call out the "source" for something like that.

Not calling out the source, he gave the info he was given and I appreciate it.

Just pointing out that we get an inside source for the first time I've ever remembered on these boards, and the info ended up being incorrect.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

Just pointing out that we get an inside source for the first time I've ever remembered on these boards, and the info ended up being incorrect.

There are a couple posters here who have some inside connections, though they don't really trumpet it much.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
No. As you can read in the OP, he's still practicing in a no-contact jersey.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

I wouldn't call it incorrect at all. He told us what the injury was and what the prognosis at the time was. He was correct on what the injury was and correct on what the prognosis was (before official reports came out). This was not his prognosis, but what the team / Dr's said and he relayed that info. The fact that it is taking longer to heal, doesn't take away from that IMO.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Did you actually read the report? Muller said he may play.

Muller seems to be very optimistic when it comes to injuries. I'd be surprised if Skinner went from not practicing for 2 weeks to one non-contact practice (plus a morning skate, which doesn't really count) to game action. Might play tomorrow in St Louis, but I'd bet we don't see him or Cam until next week.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I wouldn't call it incorrect at all. He told us what the injury was and what the prognosis at the time was. He was correct on what the injury was and correct on what the prognosis was (before official reports came out). This was not his prognosis, but what the team / Dr's said and he relayed that info. The fact that it is taking longer to heal, doesn't take away from that IMO.

This. Not sure how you can say he was inaccurate at all, blame the Drs/nature of the injury for being inaccurate.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Once again, not calling him incorrect, calling the prognosis we received incorrect, not through fault of the poster but through fault of the doctors (or whoever gave it to him).

Never mind. Clearly the irony is lost. No one thinks it humorous that in one of our rare chances to know what the team knows, his recovery is found to take longer than we both thought?

EDIT: One more attempt at explaining the humor I see, then I'll leave it alone, because I've apparently touched a nerve.

If we, as a fanbase, are just as informed about the Carolina Hurricanes day-to-day operations as Jim Rutherford, are we really all that informed about the day-to-day operations of the Carolina Hurricanes? :laugh:

Last edited:

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
The doctors cleared him weeks ago. Khudobin is pulling a Pitkanen.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Didn't think it made any sense for Ward to be the backup. Nothing good could come of that.

Zombie Mike Murphy

Mar 18, 2011
IMO after these last few games just play Peters until he gives us a reason not to, or Ward is 110%. Hard to argue with what's working against some pretty strong teams.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, I think everyone just assumed that it would be Ward because Murphy didn't practice. I'll agree that it doesn't make much sense for your starter to be a backup in this scenario. He's already on IR, so it's not like they need to save a roster space or anything.

EDIT: By the way, Muller confirmed the other day that it's Khudobin's ankle.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->