Western Conference Round Robin (Blues, Avalanche, Golden Knights, Stars)

What will the final standings be?

• 1. Blues

Votes: 97 32.9%
  • 2. Blues

Votes: 108 36.6%
  • 3. Blues

Votes: 69 23.4%
  • 4. Blues

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 1. Avalanche

Votes: 160 54.2%
  • 2. Avalanche

Votes: 86 29.2%
  • 3. Avalanche

Votes: 38 12.9%
  • 4. Avalanche

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • 1. Golden Knights

Votes: 33 11.2%
  • 2. Golden Knights

Votes: 64 21.7%
  • 3. Golden Knights

Votes: 115 39.0%
  • 4. Golden Knights

Votes: 58 19.7%
  • 1. Stars

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • 2. Stars

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • 3. Stars

Votes: 47 15.9%
  • 4. Stars

Votes: 195 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I agree. There is a difference between a lack of effort and just getting flat out beaten. They looked like the team that got Yeo fired last night.

No worries, they'll right the ship on Sunday I reckon.

As bad as the Blues may have looked, Dallas is rolling on nine games now without a single win. Looking to hit double digits against the Blues, and nothing would surprise me less than another L to close out these warmup games. :laugh:

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
No worries, they'll right the ship on Sunday I reckon.

As bad as the Blues may have looked, Dallas is rolling on nine games now without a single win. Looking to hit double digits against the Blues, and nothing would surprise me less than another L to close out these warmup games. :laugh:
That game is going to suck, huh? Regardless of who wins I bet they won't look good doing it haha.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
That game is going to suck, huh? Regardless of who wins, I bet they won't look good doing it haha.

I wouldn't be so sure......Stars made the Avs look invincible on Wednesday. It was truly men vs. boys out there.

Another performance like that, and St. Louis won't break a sweat clinching 3rd.

Or, perhaps Dallas will finally wake up and it'll be a close game, just to surprise us all.

That'd be a shocker.

I'm honestly more intrigued by the qualifiers, seeing who else can punch their ticket today and tomorrow.

Perhaps by Sunday there'll be a clear picture of who the winner and loser will face next week.

Reactions: The Note

Emell

Oct 11, 2015
Seeding matters a lot less than playing well going into round 1.

Assuming a team will turn it on later reminds me of Tampa and Calgary last year

account deactivated

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I'd like to see the Stars face Vancouver. Not because I think they'd win, but Vancouver is the only West team I didn't get much of a chance to watch this year, so at least I'd have that aspect to enjoy. :laugh:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I kind of like this format because of how privileged and kingly the top seeds seem, lol.

It turns out its pretty great that they are guaranteed into the next round. The 9-12 teams are putting up a fight

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Mattycat

Jun 25, 2014
I'd like to see the Stars face Vancouver. Not because I think they'd win, but Vancouver is the only West team I didn't get much of a chance to watch this year, so at least I'd have that aspect to enjoy. :laugh:
As a Nuck fan trust me Dallas is who i want in the 1st round :D

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Colorado/Vegas vs Chicago
Colorado/Vegas vs Arizona
St.Louis/Dallas vs Calgary
St.Louis/Dallas vs Vancouver

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Will the Avs and VGK play for win today?

because the winner of this game will play against CHI and the loser against ARI

You clearly go for the win.
Realistically from an Avs POV you should be the heavy favorite against both teams but both teams certainly have the potential to upset you as well...

The Yotes have a scary goalie combined with a sometimes pretty stifling D that could shutdown our speed game pretty well.
The Hawks are one of the few teams that can keep up when it comes to firepower upfront and our forwards and have a ton of battle tested superstars to go with a few scary younger guys like Kubalik, Dach and DeBrincat but their D and G looked a bit like a clownshow and highly exploitable....

I'd personally pick Chicago because I think the games would be more fun to watch.
Also winning tonight gives you the guarantee that you will play the lowest seed till the end. And considering how bad Dallas and to a lesser extent the Blues have looked so far, odds are that you might get a potential Chicago/Yotes - Calgary/Vancouver road to the WCF against the Knights..
Who knows how things turn out and there is a chance that the Avs could lose against any of these teams but in general that looks like one of the easier paths to the WCF I have seen lately...

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008

I'd rather play Chicago than Arizona but that's just me.

I also think Hawks-Avs would be a fun series to watch as well

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

They most definitely will.

The Avs smoked the Hawks this season. I don't see how Chicago really would win the series as the Avs have the same strenghts but can keep the puck out of the net.

Arizona could grind out a series win if things go right.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

A win and a Blues win against Dallas means if you make it to the WCF you avoid both the other team and the Blues on the road there.

So a win should sound juicy for both teams.

As for first rd matchups, Chicago has also only ever won 1 game against Vegas, so that sounds like a good matchup.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If Crawford keeps that .891 going, are the Blackhawks going to be able to put up 4+ per night against Vegas or Colorado?

No easy matchups in the playoffs, but i wouldn’t mind facing them round 1.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Blues vs. Flames is the only series still alive that was on pace to happen under the wild card format:

VGK vs. NSH was the only possibility though. COL vs. DAL and EDM vs. VAN were impossible under this format.

East still has 3 on pace series alive:

BOS vs. NYI
WSH vs. CAR
TBL vs. TOR

PHI vs. PIT was the other one

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020

I'd rather play Hawks and their suspect D than Kuemper and the Yotes. Yotes are probably the worst matchup for the Avs outside the top teams.

MoPucks

Feb 3, 2009
Stl
In the losers bracket, I'm feeling pretty indifferent with regards to Vancouver or Calgary. I guess Calgary would be a little more interesting just from a Tkachuk heel turn on St. Louis perspective.

I'm also kind of pulling for VGK versus Chicago so we can see Lehner knock out his former team.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Remember that time the 82 point Stars finished ahead of the 94 point Blues because of a shootout?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->