Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Heads up to any Jets fans going to Denver to see a game at the Balls Center, be careful, Denver is a rough town.

I was there back in 2016, I parked the car and accidentally left 2 Avs tickets on the passenger seat.

When I came back my window had been smashed, and now there were 4 tickets to the Avs game!

Towns a war zone - stay away!

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Heads up to any Jets fans going to Denver to see a game at the Balls Center, be careful, Denver is a rough town.

I was there back in 2016, I parked the car and accidentally left 2 Avs tickets on the passenger seat.

When I came back my window had been smashed, and now there were 4 tickets to the Avs game!

Damn I was like Denver ain't messing around !! Funny one though :laugh:

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Time for the trash talk.....

These Colorado sportsmen who call themselves "fans" display uncouth behavior, as well as great disdain for some common curtsies and discourse. There appears a need for serious chastisement......
Bully for you sir.

Good day.

m.

Does Winnipeg even have electricity?
It's shocking, but yes,

#DadJoke

m.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
@hangman005 im trying to get the same vibe going we had in the Vegas/Peg thread last year…..

I’m worried Georgiev has robbed Avs fans of their will to care. lol.

Good luck in your thread this year dude!

We’ll always have 23 - the year the Jets were beaten by the best.

• Love
Reactions: hangman005

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
@hangman005 im trying to get the same vibe going we had in the Vegas/Peg thread last year…..

I’m worried Georgiev has robbed Avs fans of their will to care. lol.

Good luck in your thread this year dude!

We’ll always have 23 - the year the Jets were beaten by the best.
Always the bridesmaid… let’s hope that holds true for this year too!!

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Last 10 games for Alexandar Georgiev:

4/14 vs Vegas: 4 goals on 30 shots
4/13 vs Jets: 4 goals on 15 shots
4/9 vs Wild: 2 goals on 22 shots
4/7 vs Dallas: 6 goals on 36 shots
4/5 vs Oilers: 6 goals on 46 shots
3/30 vs Preds; 4 goals on 13 shots
3/28 vs Rags: 2 goals on 25 shots
3/24 vs Pens: 4 goals on 34 shots
3/22 vs Jackets: 1 goal on 24 shots
3/16 vs Oil: 2 goals on 34 shots

Avs have to very very very heavily outshoot the Jets to compete because they're praying Georgiev gets them .900 goaltending. I take Jets in 5.

• Wow

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
This thread needs some friendly rivalry/ribbing to get things going:

People from Denver think a good night out is eating cheap tacos while getting splashed by cliff divers in a shitty Mexican restaurant.

They wait months just to overpay and eat there!

Get some class Denver!
Some of my friends went their recently. Ever since the South Park guys bought it the food is actually good.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Special teams will be huge too, Jets need to stay out of the box. Our penalty kill is atrocious and well our PP is just as bad.

I didn't know Winnipeg had such bad special teams numbers. Time for MacKinnon and Makar to start tripping all over the place.

WPG:
21st in PK
22nd in PP

COL:
12th in PK
5th in PP

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777 and TS Quint

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Since trading for monahan or since the trade deadline, can’t remember which - jets are top 10 in pp. can’t remember exact spot.

So the additions of Monahan and toffoli have totally changed its effectiveness.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
People are saying one of the worst goalie match ups in playoff history. As an Avs fan it checks out with the eye test, but any official records to back this up?

Obviously there's some situations with rookies making NHL debuts and unproven backups having to play, but starter vs starter?

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Since trading for monahan or since the trade deadline, can’t remember which - jets are top 10 in pp. can’t remember exact spot.

So the additions of Monahan and toffoli have totally changed its effectiveness.
Yeah, I was thinking about that. I'd like to find a hockey stats site that lets you customize the period so I could see what our special teams numbers have been since the all star break but can't find one. However, if memory serves me correctly (not a good bet) the Jets season pp numbers are being dragged down by their horrible performance during the first two thirds of the season.

m.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I th I’m the Avalanche are too good to lose this. Avs in seven.

Hellebuyck is the wildcard. He might be the best goalie in the league and the Jets are a good club. This might be the best series of the first round.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Hellebuyck needs to avoid banana peels for the next several days and only walk on flat ground with a helmet. Most important player in this series. If there's lots of special teams action jets could be in trouble.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah, I was thinking about that. I'd like to find a hockey stats site that lets you customize the period so I could see what our special teams numbers have been since the all star break but can't find one. However, if memory serves me correctly (not a good bet) the Jets season pp numbers are being dragged down by their horrible performance during the first two thirds of the season.

m.

Since trade deadline we have a 22.64% PP and a 78.26% PK both a little better than our season average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad