Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Votes have been submitted for vezinas , hart, mvp etc.
Yup, with Helley on good odds winning the Vezina, as far as i know. Unfortunately for the Jets, he couldnt live up to his trophy in this series so far.

Thats what i mean.

Lets put it this way: He is one, if not "the" favorit for the Vezina, but doesnt play like that in this series so far.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Outside of a couple of goals, I don't see how Helly has been "bad."

These are high-percentage chances the Jets are giving us because the Avs are absolutely carving them with speed and dominance every shift.

What could he have done differently yesterday? Stop the Makar ripper shot to the top corner from the top of the slot? That's a bad goal? That's going in on almost any goaltender on the planet.

Avs are scoring point-blank goals in the crease from one-timers/tips/deflections/rebounds/etc. or from odd-man rushes like Colton/Manson's goals.

I don't think he's played all that badly. The Avs are outshooting the Jets by like 55 shots in the series, the play between the actual skaters hasn't even been close. Even game 1 where the Jets won, the Avs outshot them 2:1 with 46-23. Other than Georgiev playing badly in game 1, this has been a complete annihilation of the Jets entire roster by the Avalanche.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I am really surprised that so many people picked the Jets over the Avs....I really thought this was clearly the Avs all the way....a recent cup winner and all that with some of the best high end talent in the league.......though I thought the series would be closer ......
I'll confess, I thought the Jets would win the series because they pulled the wool over my eyes and tricked me into thinking that the regular reasons Jets were the real Jets. Not the same team that crumples like single-ply toilet paper every playoffs since 2019. I thought they had perhaps moved on from whatever ailed them with the changes made in the off-season. Clearly I was wrong, this team is trash. Mentally and physically soft team that can put up wins in the regular season that collapses as soon as they get to the "real season".

Not to take away from the Avs who have played great, but it's not like this is #1 seed juggernaut facing off against 8th seed that barely squeeked into the playoffs thanks to out-of-town scoreboard help. This series should be closer notwithstanding the fact that playoff hockey is different from regular season.

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
Outside of a couple of goals, I don't see how Helly has been "bad."

These are high-percentage chances the Jets are giving us because the Avs are absolutely carving them with speed and dominance every shift.

What could he have done differently yesterday? Stop the Makar ripper shot to the top corner from the top of the slot? That's a bad goal? That's going in on almost any goaltender on the planet.

Avs are scoring point-blank goals in the crease from one-timers/tips/deflections/rebounds/etc. or from odd-man rushes like Colton/Manson's goals.

I don't think he's played all that badly. The Avs are outshooting the Jets by like 55 shots in the series, the play between the actual skaters hasn't even been close. Even game 1 where the Jets won, the Avs outshot them 2:1 with 46-23. Other than Georgiev playing badly in game 1, this has been a complete annihilation of the Jets entire roster by the Avalanche.
Agree- Up to now he's kept the Jets in the play until he was just overwhelmed. Avs have scored about a third of their goals (not counting empty nets) on the power play (6 of 19 goals were power play goals) and have scored on the power play at opportune times, either to tie and/or go ahead when the Jets had the lead. Penalty calls have killed the Jets, not the number of calls but when the call is made, and its tough to get back in the game during the expected make up calls when the score is already out of reach. This result, so far, cannot be put on Hellebrucyk.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Georgiev's resurgence is something I didn't see coming but good God am I happy it's happened. These past 3 games have been so fun to watch without having to worry about a backbreaking goal to mess with the flow/momentum; even when we were down in gam4, I knew we had a chance to come out with a win as long as Georgiev was decent. I still figured the games would be closer but averaging 6 goals a game is something we're definitely capable of doing when everything goes right. I just hope we don't let our foot off the pedal.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
1000005740.jpg

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Hellebuyck is a playoff choker.
He is far from the problem, the only goal that he maybe (and that is a big maybe) was Makar's and I put that at a low percentage chance. The team in front of him has left him out to be bombarded by a ton of shots, most of the high danger chance and/or 2on1s, 3on2s and turnovers that lead to off the rush chances (which the Avs excel at)

Reactions: moosehead81

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
It's the Calgary Flames 2019 all over again.

That year the Flames went undefeated against the Avs in the regular season, matched up in round 1 and won a convincing game 1 at home. Then the Avs railed of four straight wins absolutely embarrassing Calgary.

People need to stop taking the regular season so seriously. Seeding is important but it's not going to win a series for anyone. And the Avs star players learned how to show up in the postseason.

The Avs this year remind me of Tampa in '21, they just kind of dicked around in the regular season enough to make the playoffs and woke up when the real season started. All they need is league average goaltending.

What should be terrifying the NHL is that Mittlestadt/Lehkonen look better than MacKinnon/Rantanen right now. And Drouin should be back next round.
Also Avs didn’t have the roster they have now in all those loses. Different team after the tdl for sure. Yes I know they beat the Avs 7-0 in their last meeting but obviously it’s doesn’t matter.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
J
Jets are a good team and there's nothing wrong with their big contracts. Series isn't over yet. Also their future still looks good as you've pointed out.
I'm a jets homer and this is the least confident I've been in them since they've come back to Winnipeg. They've shown absolutely nothing to give us a glimmer of hope. Games haven't even been close.

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
Idk what he's saying but i'm not reading "stfu stfu".

I'm not even sure if that's an argument or Rantanen is just trying to make a point about something.

People read into this stuff way too much.
He's obviously saying stfu, stfu, fu!

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
He is far from the problem, the only goal that he maybe (and that is a big maybe) was Makar's and I put that at a low percentage chance. The team in front of him has left him out to be bombarded by a ton of shots, most of the high danger chance and/or 2on1s, 3on2s and turnovers that lead to off the rush chances (which the Avs excel at)
He’s certainly not helping his team for being a “vezina” guy

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I'm a jets homer and this is the least confident I've been in them since they've come back to Winnipeg. They've shown absolutely nothing to give us a glimmer of hope. Games haven't even been close.
I agree, odds are low. I'm more so saying I generally reserve talk about tearing a team down for rebuild till after things are official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad