Series Talk: WCQF: Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators (VAN Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Canucks in 5

Votes: 111 15.5%
  • Canucks in 6

Votes: 242 33.9%
  • Canucks in 7

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Predators in 4

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Predators in 5

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Predators in 6

Votes: 127 17.8%
  • Predators in 7

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
I watched Nashville play against Winnipeg and they gave the Jets no room to move .
They were getting there offense of Winnipeg turnovers.
This is going to come Demko and Saros in a 7 game series
Iam taking Nashville because of there Stanley Cup experience.

This is going to be a really good series.
Should be a lot of fun. Couple of great goalies, probably the top 2 Norris candidates and 2 teams that aren’t afraid to play some offensive hockey

As a Nucks fan, it’s been a long time since we got to see playoff hockey. I’m glad we’re starting against a team that plays an entertaining style.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Should be a lot of fun. Couple of great goalies, probably the top 2 Norris candidates and 2 teams that aren’t afraid to play some offensive hockey

As a Nucks fan, it’s been a long time since we got to see playoff hockey. I’m glad we’re starting against a team that plays an entertaining style.
I'm glad we're finally playing that style. That doesn't mean it will work and generate offense but man, it should be entertaining regardless right?

I have no expectations for Nashville in this series. Hopefully there will be as many ups as downs

Enjoy all, I'm going to play some golf now.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm glad we're finally playing that style. That doesn't mean it will work and generate offense but man, it should be entertaining regardless right?

I have no expectations for Nashville in this series. Hopefully there will be as many ups as downs

Enjoy all, I'm going to play some golf now.

Cheers to a good series - enjoy the links.

Reactions: triggrman

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Let's ride, nux fans! Canucks in 6

Lots of players on both sides riding career highs, so it will be fun to see how they all stack up. Key to Preds victory is going to be the powerplay. If the Canucks can keep it 5 on 5, we should be able to win the depth battle.

Fun storylines:
Beauvillier revenge arc
Josi vs Hughes
Cody Hodgson???

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
Should be a fun series. Vancouver back healthy has looked really good lately. I think they will win and could see them going deep if Demko performs in a way that people say "yeah that dude is the best goalie in the playoffs", which he absolutely can.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Canucks are the better team but Nashville always builds their teams for playoff hockey. They also have the edge in experience since this will be the first playoff for a lot of the Canucks core players.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Canucks are the better team but Nashville always builds their teams for playoff hockey. They also have the edge in experience since this will be the first playoff for a lot of the Canucks core players.

All of the Canucks core won a few rounds in the covid cup, almost won three.

Pettersson 18pts 17gp
Hughes 16pts in 17gp
Miller 18pts in 17gp (also he's been to the third round three times)
Boeser 11pts in 17gp
Demko 0.985SV%, 0.64GAA in 4gp

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden

Which ones outside of Filip Hronek?

All of the Canucks core won a few rounds in the covid cup, almost won three.

Pettersson 18pts 17gp
Hughes 16pts in 17gp
Miller 18pts in 17gp (also he's been to the third round three times)
Boeser 11pts in 17gp
Demko 0.985SV%, 0.64GAA in 4gp

Obviously that playoff doesn't count when trying to run with a narrative. /s

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

swissdude

May 18, 2019
I hope the preds will make it. But as a swiss it's kind of a win-win situation because if not we'll get a pretty decent addition for the worlds :)
I think it's gonna be closer than some people might think and the Hughes/Josi match up will be great. If the nucks make it well then I can still cheer for the nucks and Pope Pius

Reactions: Paradise Circus

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Canucks in 7.

Think this will be one of the best series in round one.
Exactly my sentiment. Nashville will be a tough out, but I think either goaltending or offensive depth will eventually succumb to Vancouver's skill. I think Nashville will be the harder working team and they'll be deserving of the series win but Vancouver will steal one game.

So any idea when game 1 is?
On Canucks radio it was rumored it'll be a night 2 matchup, so the 21st but no confirmation as of a few days ago.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad