Series Talk: WCQF: Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators (VAN Leads 3-1)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Canucks in 5

Votes: 111 15.5%
  • Canucks in 6

Votes: 242 33.9%
  • Canucks in 7

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Predators in 4

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Predators in 5

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Predators in 6

Votes: 127 17.8%
  • Predators in 7

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Nah, playoffs are a different breed. Nashville has plenty of EX..
Huh? B sides Schenn and ROR who else has plenty of experience?
Our entire core has 17 games JT has more and guys like Cole and Blueger have rings.
How much have you actually watched or know of the Preds? Or nucks for that matter

Neither team is awash in playoff experience and I'm sorry but how the fu** does on measure heart? This isn't whoville. As for grit from our 5dmen 6'5 and taller two our two elf's in Garland and Hoglander there's plenty of grit.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
If Demko is back to form the Canucks should be favoured. Nice to see two top-three Norris guys going at it.

Preds are 4-5-1 last 10, and Canucks are 5-4-1. Don’t think either team is coming in particularly hot.
Was thinking the same thing, Nashville was hot for a long period, but has happened that has passed. They are built to be a tough out and have good goaltending, but I think Van has the better team and will win the series. I am also in the group that this will be one of the best round 1 series and can see it going either way, purely on a hit goaltender and before all the other factors.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I can see Preds winning but what is this idea the Canucks are a soft team? The only soft player we have is Pettersson, and hopefully he figures it out in time but there's still a bunch of other very difficult guys to play against, notably our #1 C.
EP is far away from soft

Not many star players throw as much hits as him

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
If Canucks special teams don't shit the bed, they should take this series.

It's funny seeing people say Canucks will fail due to grit. If anything, they'll be too gritty and run into penalty trouble.
Most Canucks critics don't even watch the team. They just hate the Canucks because they're the Canucks.

Baberham Lincoln

Nov 5, 2019
Toronto

Looks like it will be starting on the 21st rather than the previously reported 23rd due to both teams complaining.

Otherwise on paper, seems like the best possible matchup for the canucks (swept the regular season series). Though looking at advanced stats for the games, Nashville actually had a higher expected goal for the games and the canucks were quite successful on the powerplay in the games played between the teams. Given our shooting percentage has gone down in the last few weeks and our PP has stalled, hard to say how this series will go, to be honest.
The Canucks only scored 1 ppg in the 3 game series. Not sure where you got your info.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Win or lose the Nucks will lose. The Preds won't leave anything left in the tank in this one.

Best case for all, Preds in 5.

Nashville could win this series if they play like they did when they weren't allowed to see U2.
Pretty sure it was phrased, "didn't have to"

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Funny everyone mentioning demko and forgetting who the other goalie is...

I'd say nucks in 7 but it'll be close. Wouldn't be surprised if Preds find a way.

Caboose

Jan 16, 2019
Excited for this one. Preds fans are the best in the league IMO for enjoying hockey with as a competing fan. So hopefully the few annoying Nucks fans or other team trolls don't derail the series talk and GDTs so we can all just focus on enjoying the great matchups of...

Hughes V Josi
Demko V Saros
Miller V ROR
Petterson V Forsberg

In particular I'm focusing on Hughes and Demko against Josi and Saros. That's the pivotal matchup to me. If Hughes and Demko out perform Josi and Saros I think this is over in 5. If they go Even I still think the Canucks take the series in 6 or maybe 7. If Josi and Saros out perform Demko and Hughes then I think it's a toss up, but slightly favored Preds I would take them in 7.

So pumped to have real playoff hockey back in Vancouver!!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Nashville are a 500 hockey team that had an 18 game point streak mid-season and Vancouver has been consistently good from start to finish.

Canucks win this easily and are the better team by far.

Canucks in 4.
This is factually incorrect.
The Preds started the season very poorly (new coach, new system, many new players) 5-10-0.
Since that time their record is 42-20-5.
Doesn't mean that the Preds will win, as anything can happen in the playoffs, but your statement is untrue

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Huh? B sides Schenn and ROR who else has plenty of experience?
Our entire core has 17 games JT has more and guys like Cole and Blueger have rings.
How much have you actually watched or know of the Preds? Or nucks for that matter

Neither team is awash in playoff experience and I'm sorry but how the fu** does on measure heart? This isn't whoville. As for grit from our 5dmen 6'5 and taller two our two elf's in Garland and Hoglander there's plenty of grit.
McDonagh has 185 games, 2 cups.
Josi 85 games, Forsberg, Sissons, Nyquist, all have 70+ games. Zucker with 45 games.

Remember we played in the cup final just 6 years ago. Preds have a ton of playoff experience, quite of bit of finals experience.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
I think it’s 50/50

Nashville are a very good team with players that can step up. Hoping for an entertaining series and a Canucks win, but wouldn’t be surprised to see it go 7.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I wouldnt want to face Nashville in the first round but they are beatable.

Josi vs Hughes

Saros vs Demko.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Excited for this one. Preds fans are the best in the league IMO for enjoying hockey with as a competing fan. So hopefully the few annoying Nucks fans or other team trolls don't derail the series talk and GDTs so we can all just focus on enjoying the great matchups of...

Hughes V Josi
Demko V Saros
Miller V ROR
Petterson V Forsberg

In particular I'm focusing on Hughes and Demko against Josi and Saros. That's the pivotal matchup to me. If Hughes and Demko out perform Josi and Saros I think this is over in 5. If they go Even I still think the Canucks take the series in 6 or maybe 7. If Josi and Saros out perform Demko and Hughes then I think it's a toss up, but slightly favored Preds I would take them in 7.

So pumped to have real playoff hockey back in Vancouver!!
Every thread is gonna be a gong show, thats playoff hockey baby😂

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Could see this going either way. Would love the Canucks to take this in 6, but you do have to factor in that they're a young squad and most of the CORE players still have no experience in the playoffs.

I think they Canucks have the advantage of depth up front IF everybody shows up and advantage on the back end IF everybody shows up. Demko and Saros both can go god mode so I can't call that.

I think it comes down to the Canucks depth vs the Preds experience.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Correction. Canuck fans, a few neutrals and a few anything but neutral.
Ok, but my point was that the few non-neutrals who weren't Canucks fans weren't Preds fans, either. It's liable to be this way through the entire series. Canucks fans will end up doing most of their arguing with "neutral" fans who'd like to see the Canucks lose rather than actual Preds fans, who rarely venture away from the Preds board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad