Series Talk: WCQF: Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators (VAN Leads 3-1)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Canucks in 5

Votes: 111 15.5%
  • Canucks in 6

Votes: 242 33.9%
  • Canucks in 7

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Predators in 4

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Predators in 5

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Predators in 6

Votes: 127 17.8%
  • Predators in 7

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013

Looks like it will be starting on the 21st rather than the previously reported 23rd due to both teams complaining.

Otherwise on paper, seems like the best possible matchup for the canucks (swept the regular season series). Though looking at advanced stats for the games, Nashville actually had a higher expected goal for the games and the canucks were quite successful on the powerplay in the games played between the teams. Given our shooting percentage has gone down in the last few weeks and our PP has stalled, hard to say how this series will go, to be honest.

“Could start”. We still have no idea really.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Say what you want about the Preds potentially beating us, but these stupid cliches like "Grit and Heart" are not a valid reason. We literally won our division, the Preds are a wild card, we're 3-0 H2H vs the Preds on the season, and the reason why the Preds beat the Canucks is "Grit and Heart"?
Nah, playoffs are a different breed. Nashville has plenty of EX..

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Predators in 5. Canucks aren't ready for playoff hockey, don't see their core players responding well to tight checking games.

I don't know if this is a troll post, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Preds do win, but the Canucks have been one of the better defensive / tight-checking teams in the league for the entire season.

Our dip in play in the final 3rd of the season was due to Demko being injured and goal-scoring drying up and not really a drop in defensive play.

If the Canucks lose it's because Pettersson doesn't show up or our depth scoring is nonexistent. Considering the comparable top-end talent on both teams, whoever gets the better depth scoring will likely come out on top.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Nashville are a 500 hockey team that had an 18 game point streak mid-season and Vancouver has been consistently good from start to finish.

Canucks win this easily and are the better team by far.

Canucks in 4.

Nashville is 6th in the league in points% since Nov 15.

67 games in that span, which is over 80% of the season.

I'd say that's more than just one hot stretch.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I wanna hear a country version of Don’t You Forget About Me played as the Preds goal song in this series.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I wanna hear a country version of Don’t You Forget About Me played as the Preds goal song in this series.
No fan on any team, including my own, wants to hear any version of that song as a goal song. There have been a few discussions on goal songs on the Canucks forum.

Go ahead and play it in Nashville, that would actually be funny. Maybe Beyonce's "country stuff" instead?

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Welcome neutral fan!

Could you expand on this? Legit not sure what you are referring to.

Devils ties to Vancouver: Quinn being the older brother to Luke/Jack

Devils ties to Nashville: Andrew Brunette being their HC when he was an assistant here last year + also in a more infamous tie in to the Predators franchise,the Devils almost moved there back in 95' and probably would've if not for winning their Cup lol.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Nashville is 6th in the league in points% since Nov 15.

67 games in that span, which is over 80% of the season.

I'd say that's more than just one hot stretch.
That's impressive! Didn't know their good form stretched that far back. Definitely not taking these guys lightly. I say it goes the distance - good guys in 7!

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Predators in 5. Canucks aren't ready for playoff hockey, don't see their core players responding well to tight checking games.
First off do you even watch Vancouver? They are the 4th best defensive team and 2nd 5on5.

As for experience they did fine in 17 games in the bubble with JT, Quinn and EP a ppg and Demko a wall.

As for Nashville they are not even a defensive team and their goalie was a -3 GSAA while Demko was a +18.

You can have any opinion you want but at least get ur facts straight.

Nucks in five

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Say what you want about the Preds potentially beating us, but these stupid cliches like "Grit and Heart" are not a valid reason. We literally won our division, the Preds are a wild card, we're 3-0 H2H vs the Preds on the season, and the reason why the Preds beat the Canucks is "Grit and Heart"?
It's such a cliche often used when said team is inferior, made even funnier since the nucks have tons of grit and the talent to match.

So far I've gained from this thread that the usual nuck haters will say anything no matter how dumb and a lot of people think this is the preds of yesteryear when they were a defense first team, which they are clearly not. But instead a fun team that can score.

Should be a fun series.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
hopefully the powerplay wakes up and surprises a nashville team with more movement and a different look.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hughes v Josi should make for a fun series to watch.

Lots of real confident Canucks fans in here. I dunno, if I had money on it I'd go with them but this is not a Predators team to be taken lightly. They got a nice mix of vets and youth with a goalie that can be all world if he's on. Great regular season for Van but that's all it is at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad