Series Talk: WCQF: Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators (VAN Leads 3-1)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Canucks in 5

Votes: 111 15.5%
  • Canucks in 6

Votes: 242 33.9%
  • Canucks in 7

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Predators in 4

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Predators in 5

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Predators in 6

Votes: 127 17.8%
  • Predators in 7

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I can see Preds winning but what is this idea the Canucks are a soft team? The only soft player we have is Pettersson, and hopefully he figures it out in time but there's still a bunch of other very difficult guys to play against, notably our #1 C.

Canucks aren't really soft, maybe a bit at forward, but the defense more than makes up for it, they're large and physical.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Predators has Grit and Heart.. They are beating Vancouver

Say what you want about the Preds potentially beating us, but these stupid cliches like "Grit and Heart" are not a valid reason. We literally won our division, the Preds are a wild card, we're 3-0 H2H vs the Preds on the season, and the reason why the Preds beat the Canucks is "Grit and Heart"?

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Canucks aren't really soft, maybe a bit at forward, but the defense more than makes up for it, they're large and physical.
Yeah I don't know where people get this idea. Find me a more physical defenseman than Zadorov, or a player with more heart and grit than Garland. Try winning a board battle against Hoglander/Joshua. And so on. I do think Nashville has a good team and tons of character and no Canucks fan is taking them lightly...but I think emphasizing their heart and grit might actually be just admitting that Canucks have more top end skill.

sid232

Oct 9, 2019
So any idea when game 1 is?

Looks like it will be starting on the 21st rather than the previously reported 23rd due to both teams complaining.

Otherwise on paper, seems like the best possible matchup for the canucks (swept the regular season series). Though looking at advanced stats for the games, Nashville actually had a higher expected goal for the games and the canucks were quite successful on the powerplay in the games played between the teams. Given our shooting percentage has gone down in the last few weeks and our PP has stalled, hard to say how this series will go, to be honest.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Yeah I don't know where people get this idea. Find me a more physical defenseman than Zadorov, or a player with more heart and grit than Garland. Try winning a board battle against Hoglander/Joshua. And so on. I do think Nashville has a good team and tons of character and no Canucks fan is taking them lightly...but I think emphasizing their heart and grit might actually be just admitting that Canucks have more top end skill.
This whole “Canucks are soft” mentality has been around since forever

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
WQhat is the definition of "soft"? Pettersson falls down easily but he doesn't get intimidated, he throws hits, and he plays a good defensive game. so it's not like he will disappear because he is supposedly soft. Our softest forward is probly Boeser the Kikheyev. Outside of that you have 5 foot 6 Garland, who is a major puck hound and is constantly stripping pucks off of guys, and he is hard to check, and he's feisty. Hoglander, Miller, Joshua - these are hard guys to play against. This team is the opposite of soft.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
WQhat is the definition of "soft"? Pettersson falls down easily but he doesn't get intimidated, he throws hits, and he plays a good defensive game. so it's not like he will disappear because he is supposedly soft. Our softest forward is probly Boeser the Kikheyev. Outside of that you have 5 foot 6 Garland, who is a major puck hound and is constantly stripping pucks off of guys, and he is hard to check, and he's feisty. Hoglander, Miller, Joshua - these are hard guys to play against. This team is the opposite of soft.
Pettersson doesn't play soft but he is just so flimsy still its hard not to see him as soft. But yeah he will turn it on here I think, we've seen him turn on beast mode before.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Canucks took the season series 3-0-0 and outscored the Preds 13-6.

Best round one match the Canucks could have hoped for as they had a rough time against both the Kings an Knights this year.

I have the Canucks in 5 but the Preds have been a lot better in 2024 so we will see.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Canucks took the season series 3-0-0 and outscored the Preds 13-6.

Best round one match the Canucks could have hoped for as they had a rough time against both the Kings an Knights this year.

I have the Canucks in 5 but the Preds have been a lot better in 2024 so we will see.
It's also the farthest travel of all matchups. Might be greater than the total distance between all 4 Eastern matchups.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I can see Preds winning but what is this idea the Canucks are a soft team? The only soft player we have is Pettersson, and hopefully he figures it out in time but there's still a bunch of other very difficult guys to play against, notably our #1 C.
Pettersson has 126 hits this season so he’s not exactly soft in that regard either

Top 5 team in hits as well

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Shouldn’t you be saying Canucks in 5 than? Nashville doesn’t play a “tight checking game”
Yeah.
This guy doesn’t watch Nashville games.

Nashville plays Bruce Boudreau firewagon type hockey. Which is rarely successful in the playoffs. Not the Barry trotz predators of old. Canucks are literally one of the best defensive teams this season

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad