Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings | EDM Lead 3-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
This was by far the best 1st round series from last playoffs and I think it will be again. Too much bad blood between these two teams. Cam Talbot is going to get redemption against his former club who ran him out of town in his final year as an Oiler.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Yuck. I don’t know if I can stomach watching the kings and their boring trapping for a third time.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Kings will win one in Edmonton.

Oilers will rough up the Kings, who have no answer for any physicality. Kings cave in on themselves and respond by playing even MORE ultra conservative hockey until Edmonton's superior game breaking talent wins out.

We have all seen this rerun before.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Was hoping for a different matchup for obvious reasons, but it is what it is... I am sure the Kings wanted Edmonton in the first round a lot more than Dallas so hopefully it turns into a good series and they are fired up and healthy. They've been far more topsy turvy and inconsistent this season, but this is the first postseason against Edmonton where they enter with all of their key players healthy and not on LTIR.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
We used to have a dance off with the sharks fans.
Given this is year 3 of Kings-Oilers, need to come up with a GIF contest of some kind
giphy.gif

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Vegas lost by 3 goals at home to the Ducks.

Yeah but with Vegas they're reactivating some players off LTIR so you can at least say they're better than their record shows with their full roster.

LA barely squeaked out of the 8th seed. If Chicago didn't take a puck over the glass penalty in the last minute, LA probably loses to the Blackhawks while icing their full roster to win and finishes as the 8th seed.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
No chance, this will be a tight series that can go either way. No way will this be an Oilers blowout.
Hard to say. Kings aren’t as good as the previous 2 seasons and edm has gotten even better. But that’s why they play the games. Skinner was brutal last playoffs. If he can be even average edm will take this handily.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Vegas lost by 3 goals at home to the Ducks.
Vegas is also about to get like 4-5 dudes magically back in the lineup. Though I'm super curious to see if they were playing possum again this year or if they actually are too beat up to make a run.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Of course the Oilers get a bye to the conference finals.

Just hoping this loser Dubois can at least try to make it a series.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yeah but with Vegas they're reactivating some players off LTIR so you can at least say they're better than their record shows with their full roster.

LA barely squeaked out of the 8th seed. If Chicago didn't take a puck over the glass penalty in the last minute, LA probably loses to the Blackhawks while icing their full roster to win and finishes as the 8th seed.

That's true but something looks off with Vegas. The Kings play a style that is tough to deal with in the playoffs, this won't be easy for the Oilers in the least.

Reactions: roccerfeller

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Edmonton has yet to experience the Kings' new playoff weapon... PL Dubois! :sarcasm:
He's unironically the x-factor. If he actually shows up to play this could be an interesting series. If he continues to float I think the Oilers would be more afraid of having to play Iafallo and Vilardi again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad