Western Conference First Round Predictions

winterhawkssupporter

Dec 26, 2022
It's that time of year again! The WHL playoffs are here once more, and i'm sure the first round will be mostly a snooze fest due to the vast amount of skill level between teams. Should be fun none the less. I won't be covering the eastern conference, as I honestly don't know much about the teams over there besides the Pats.

Seattle (1) VS Kelowna (8)

One of the greatest WHL teams ever assembled versus a team who finished with 26 wins and 0.418 win percentage. Seattle has been historically great this season, with so much NHL talent you could almost mistake them for a CHL all-star team. If Kelowna even manages to win one game against this super team I will be thoroughly impressed. Will most likely not happen however. 4-0 sweep for the Thunderbirds.

Kamloops (2) VS Vancouver (7)

Similar to the Seattle, Kamloops has had a great season, and is a team oozing with NHL talent. They are the only team in the western conference that can even consider having a competitive series with Seattle. Vancouver, similar to Kelowna, finished with a losing win percentage. 4-0 sweep for the Blazers.

Portland (3) VS Everett (6)

As a Winterhawks fan, I wish I could say in full confidence that we are going to win this series easily. I wish I could say all the components would line up for an easy first round series win. Unfortunately that is not the case. Over the past month and a half, the Hawks have looked bad. Really bad. Offense has halted to a stop after a great first half of the season. Goaltending has completely fallen off a cliff. We are terrible. Everett hasn't looked great this season, especially after selling at the deadline, however there is major potential for an upset. 4-2 Silvertips win.

Prince George (4) VS Tri Cities (5)

Perhaps the most interesting first round match up. Both teams have similar talent to one another, and are only separated by a few points in the standings. Both have a similar past ten games record. I think the Cougars have a slight edge, however I would not be surprised if the Americans pull through. 4-3 win for Prince George.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Seattle - Kelowna - Seattle in Six games. I need this team to show me that they can put their feet on teams Throats that they should beat handily. They tend to start ramping up in the 2nd and 3rd periods, but that is not going to fly. I'm still not convinced at their power play, and they haven't been the best at Face Offs. You can have all the talent/depth/goalies. But its 5 v 5. It's time for this team to show it.

Kamloops - Vancouver - Kamloops is the other 'wagon' team. Vancouver has some nice pieces and could definitely be dangerous, but I'm guessing Rockets in 5.

Portland - Everett - I don't know what to think of this match up. Honestly Portland has pretty much all the same pieces when they were winning games often even before Lucius. If they play Spunar, I think Portland wins in 5 games.

Prince George - Tri-City Americans - Tri-Cities is a different team when they are at home, vs the road. I think this one goes 7 games and I'm gonna give an edge to Tri-City due to their goalie Suchanek.

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
SEA and KAM mortal locks.
EVT should take POR just based on how bad POR has played in second half. Unless POR has done the greatest Rope-A-Dope trickery in league history.
Cougs/TCA toss up 7 game. 2-3-2 could favor TCA with split to start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad