West preview - revised projections based on divisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
So I loaded the new league files, and remembered that we're now in a 6-division universe. This changes the complexion of teams at the top of the Western conference. With that in mind, here are my fearless projections for the playoff positions coming out of the Western Conference:

1. **St. Louis (Central Divison) 112
2. *San Jose (Pacific) 106
3. *Minnesota (Northwest) 87
4. Anaheim (Pacific) 102

5. Columbus (Central) 96
6. Detroit (Central) 93
7. Calgary (Northwest) 83
8. Edmonton (Northwest) 82

9. Los Angeles (Pacific) 80
10. Chicago (Central) 79

Flame away. :)

Mar 1, 2002
If I win my division, I'll kiss you.

Ok. Not really. A firm handshake and a backslap.

That said....I like my team.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
5. Columbus (Central) 96
6. Detroit (Central) 93

Intresting, seeing yourself ahead of Drew. I wonder how Drew feels? :madfire:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
islanders said:
5. Columbus (Central) 96
6. Detroit (Central) 93

Intresting, seeing yourself ahead of Drew. I wonder how Drew feels? :madfire:

Considering he beat me in game 7 of the first round last time, I'm sure he doesn't feel too worried... at the same time, I think he'd admit it's goign to be close between us either way. I'm hoping my goaltending makes the difference. :dunno:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Sean Keogh said:
Not going to give us "underdogs" a projetion?

That's probably for the better. ;)

I feared it would seem tasteless. :D As it stands, I have no doubt pi$$ed off at least a couple of rival GMs, but hey, that's why they call them "fearless" projections! ;)

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Interesting projections, Doug!

Obviously, the Central Division is the toughest in the West...and the Blues are quite obviously the class of both their division and their conference. That said, I think the Jackets and the Wings are running neck and neck for 2nd in the Central. When in doubt, I always give the edge to the team with better goaltending, and the Jackets have the best there is.

HFNHL Red Wings

I'm not worried, when I set my mind to it I can usually find line matchups to counter my opponents, that assumes my submitted lines are actually loaded of course :shakehead

No I'm not still bitter about the repeated lineup fiasco against the Ducks two years ago ... honestly :dunno:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
HFNHL Red Wings said:
I'm not worried, when I set my mind to it I can usually find line matchups to counter my opponents, that assumes my submitted lines are actually loaded of course :shakehead

No I'm not still bitter about the repeated lineup fiasco against the Ducks two years ago ... honestly :dunno:

As we've seen in the NHL, it's often better to finish 6th than 5th - you tend to get a weaker top-3 opponent. Without wanting to come down on the Wild and the rest of the Northwest Division, I have to say that on paper, today, I'd rather be playing Minnesota in the first round than either of San Jose or Anaheim...

Mar 1, 2002
Ohio Jones said:
Without wanting to come down on the Wild and the rest of the Northwest Division, I have to say that on paper, today, I'd rather be playing Minnesota in the first round than either of San Jose or Anaheim...

....makes mental note....

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
i am definately liking the looks of my team this year, should be a good season over in the shark tank for my boys!!

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
My fearless predictions

1. Anaheim
2. St Louis
3. Edmonton
-----------------
4. San Jose
5. Minnesota
6. Detroit
7. Columbus
8. Calgary
--------------
9. Los Angeles
10. Chicago
11. Vancouver
12. Colorado
13. Dallas
14. Nashville
15. Phoenix

With more focus on divisonal, the Pacific has to be the weakest conference in the West and possibly the league. This why Anaheim gets my vote for top spot. San Jose may have something to say but Ducks depth will beat the Sharks. St. Louis has to contend with the BJ and Wings. Gonna be tough but class should prevail. I put Edmonton at #3 will no certainty. The north west is very open. Calgary and Minnesota will have a big say to see who is the third seed. Colorado and Vancouver will cause surprises despite being the supposed weaklings.

Thats my 2cents.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
9. Los Angeles (Pacific) 80 WHAT!

How the hell is that suppossed to happen? Are we just playing forwards and defense this year?

4. Anaheim (Pacific) 102

5. Columbus (Central) 96
6. Detroit (Central) 93

10. Chicago (Central) 79

my predictions

1.ST.Lois
2.San Jose
3. Minny or Edm
4. Anaheim
5. Detroit
6. Coumbus
7. Chicago
8. Edm or Minny
9 Calgary
10. there's gonna be a surprise here van or Nashville

5,6 and 7 will all be within less than 5 points of each other. Oh wait thats not possible my defense sucks and I wasn't one of the hottest teams in the second half of 2003-2004 and my teams ratings didn't improve across the board....how can I compete

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Dryden said:
How the hell is that suppossed to happen? Are we just playing forwards and defense this year?

4. Anaheim (Pacific) 102

5. Columbus (Central) 96
6. Detroit (Central) 93

10. Chicago (Central) 79

my predictions

1.ST.Lois
2.San Jose
3. Minny or Edm
4. Anaheim
5. Detroit
6. Coumbus
7. Chicago
8. Edm or Minny
9 Calgary
10. there's gonna be a surprise here van or Nashville

5,6 and 7 will all be within less than 5 points of each other. Oh wait thats not possible my defense sucks and I wasn't one of the hottest teams in the second half of 2003-2004 and my teams ratings didn't improve across the board....how can I compete

To be fair, at the time I posted this, LA was still showing Potvin as a goalie. Not great, but better than (quite literally) nothing. Still not sure why he was removed...

I will say that having projected a 4-point spread betwen teams 7-10, I won't be in the least surprised to see some movement among the teams there.

That said, if you finish the season within 5 points of Columbus, Dry, I'll personally buy you a beer. :cheers:

*throws gauntlet*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->