"West Coast Road Trip" prediction thread

EJsens1

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
It will be interesting to see how they play. The last few times out west, particularly in LA and San Jose, they've been dominated pretty good, even if the score doesn't show it.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I've always felt and I'm sure it'd be possible logistically, that the first 10 and last 10 games of the season should have no back to back games and no more than a 3 day break between games.

Every team is going to have a ******** of back to backs in an olympic year.

It happens.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
It will be interesting to see how they play. The last few times out west, particularly in LA and San Jose, they've been dominated pretty good, even if the score doesn't show it.

They managed to beat the Sharks in their last visit. They lost every other game on the trip though. The game in Phoenix was controversial because of a no-goal call stemming from a Foligno 'goalie interference' penalty.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Realistically, I think we win one or two and end up with about 3/8 points unless Anderson turns into a brick wall again like he did against Buffalo.

Lose to LA
Lose to SJ
Win/OTL with Anaheim
Win over Phoenix

LA and SJ have a lot of established chemistry and are damn good. We're still shaking off the rust and there's been a lot of turnover and returns from injury throughout our line-up over the past year:

9MM (injured) - Spezza (injured) - Ryan (new)
MacA (new) - Turris - Conacher (new)

Methot - Karlsson (injured)
Cowen (injured) - Wiercioch

How many of these guys have never played together before or were injured at some point last season? We'll start getting back into the groove around the Anaheim game.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'll be happy with .500 on the rest of this road trip. We are honestly going to be in a battle all year long to make the playoffs. Including the wild card spots.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
We're clearly going to lose all of them. We're off to a terrible start. Blow it up. Trade everyone for a bag of pucks.

:sarcasm:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
They should automatically give 4 loses to the sens being that the sens are going to lose all 4 games anyways. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
What's funny is that we are ahead of the Habs in the standings and everything is sugar and spice over there.

Losing to the Leafs has a depressing effect on this board.

Well, it's unacceptable. There are two teams we should never lose to, the Canadiens and the Leafs. We lost to the Leafs when we had that game in hand. Our coach was a complete hypocrite complaining about the shootout when last March he said there were no rules in the shootout after Daugavins did his little ringette move.

I hope MacLean has some of that Jack Adams magic left in his bag. As for my predictions, we'll win against San Jose because outside of that bunch of perennial playoff chokers (minus Logan Couture) it's looking like a tough road trip. Also, Bobby Ryan coming in hot? Not seeing it right now.

Anyway, get some wins for crying out loud.
:sarcasm::sarcasm: :cry: :sarcasm:

Prediction:
1-3
Loss to Los Angeles
Win against the Sharks
OT Loss to the Ducks
Loss to the Coyotes.

3 points out of 8.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We lose all but to Phoenix, come back home and dominate!

And thankfully get the Western swing out of the way!

You got it wrong. We are going to win all but to phoenix, then we come back home and dominate. Get your facts straight next time. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->