West Coast Flyers Jersey

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
Hey everybody, so I know we always joke about the west coast flyers (aka LA Kings) but now its becoming a thing (for me at least).

I followed the kings a bit for a while, since they got kopitar really. Then when we traded Richards/Carter they became my 10pm-1am team to watch. Of course, when they won the cup I was really stoked -- and when we missed the playoffs they were the team I followed the most.

Now I've actually moved to the west coast (to work at EA) and I desperately need to follow a west coast team (since I can only watch streams of the Flyers at work, and there are barely any sharks/flyers games).

So my solution is to just commit to the West Coast Flyers. (obviously I will follow the real flyers more, but just stay with me here)

I want to create the WCF jersey, basically the LA Kings home/away jerseys, but with this logo:

Did I get the purple right?

LA Kings Home
thumb.aspx

LA Kings Away
hockeymonkey_2272_35504827

I'm thinking of getting Richards for Home, and Carter Away...and I will use #18 & #17 of course.

So what do you guys think? Will these look nice? Does anyone have recommendations about where I should get this done if I want high quality jerseys?

Thanks,
Tuckrr

flyingsouth

Jun 29, 2011
Sydney
I like it. I think that the logo would would particularly good on the away jersey. For the home though, I think I'd probably go with a silver or black puck on the logo instead of the purple one.

Evergreen

I think it's actually a pretty cool idea. You will get some odd looks at the games, but you will have an interesting explanation that you can provide people. Maybe don't get both done right away, though. Just do one for now, and then if you still like it, go for the other. It's one of the those things like a tattoo that you should try out for a while to make sure you like it before committing to it.

The logo looks right. What would you put on the shoulder patches on the white jersey?

Zod

Disappointment Train
May 31, 2011
I'd just wear and old black Flyers jerseys with either Richards or Carter on it.

Same major color as their home jersey, with one of their current players. You get to identify as a Flyers fan attending their games, don't stand out as much as you would with a sacrilegious jersey.

If you really want their colors, just buy one of their jerseys without modifications.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I may have an old fart, purist mentality, but I just don't understand when people buy jerseys/hats that aren't in the team's original colors. Like, when I see someone walking around wearing a Phillies hat that has Oakland A's colors... it's just so wrong. Like, you're accessorizing your fanhood, when colors are a pretty important part of it. It's like flying an American flag that you had customized to match the color of your house.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
Wear a Flyers jersey to every single game, and do it with some pride, dammit.

I've got plenty of flyers jerseys and gear. I've got multiple Carter/Richards jerseys already... In fact I'm wearing a flyers T right now at work! (The 'old time hockey' one)

I just want a distinct look to make a point -- that the Flyers west have basically become an expansion of our team in terms of players.

Also, when I go to the sharks arena, San Jose locals will be like 'wtf are you wearing? That's not a kings jersey'

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
exactly...

i wear mine wheneva i want and i could give a **** less what fans of other teams think..

i esp. wear all my flyers gear when i go to canucks games.

I think you're misunderstanding my intention...I am in no way hesitant about wearing the O&B ...are you nuts?!

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I see what you're getting at. The Kings have always been my #2 team as well.

However, I can't support bastardizing both the Kings and the Flyers jerseys by combining them. I'd say, either wear a Richards Flyers jersey or a Richards Kings jersey.

Don't know anything about making your own jersey either.

RJ8812*

this is just as stupid as putting your own name on the back of a jersey

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
I understand what you're trying to do, but it's something I could never support another Flyers fan doing.

You can't take our logo, the one thing that ALWAYS stays the same, change the colors of it and put that on another team's jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad