OT: UPDATE They won the car - West Coast Bruins Fans Need Your Vote!

DGS

Jan 21, 2014
Portland, OR
Hello my fellow Bruins nuts, my name is Darian and my family and I are repping the black and gold in Portland Oregon! I am an occasional poster, but daily reader of this board, and I follow the bruins very very closely.

My family of four was recently named one of 13 finalists in a competition put on by Portland Toyota dealerships and the Portland Winterhawks Hockey Club (our WHL team) to be crowned as Portland's Hockey Family of the Year. If we win, we get a free 2020 Toyota Rav4 hybrid! We really, really want to win, and in order to win - we need the most votes. Here's where you can help:

Starting today, we would love you to vote for us in this contest. You can vote every 24 hours between today and December 15th. Please go to THIS LINK and watch the short video that will convince you that we ARE in fact Portland's Hockey Family of the Year, and please vote!

Thank you so much for your help!! Again the voting link: http://wshe.es/Nh1tSHXY

Darian

IMG_4021[1].JPG

DGS

Jan 21, 2014
Portland, OR
Anyone notice in their video, how their pic in the Bruins unis was only barely flashed for half a second? :laugh:

Ha ha, yeah it's surprisingly tough to fit everything you want into a 60 second video. We have a lot of photos of us in bruins gear, but figured we had to support the local Winterhawks pretty hard;)

Thanks for the votes!!

Reactions: Fenway

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Hello my fellow Bruins nuts, my name is Darian and my family and I are repping the black and gold in Portland Oregon! I am an occasional poster, but daily reader of this board, and I follow the bruins very very closely.

My family of four was recently named one of 13 finalists in a competition put on by Portland Toyota dealerships and the Portland Winterhawks Hockey Club (our WHL team) to be crowned as Portland's Hockey Family of the Year. If we win, we get a free 2020 Toyota Rav4 hybrid! We really, really want to win, and in order to win - we need the most votes. Here's where you can help:

Starting today, we would love you to vote for us in this contest. You can vote every 24 hours between today and December 15th. Please go to THIS LINK and watch the short video that will convince you that we ARE in fact Portland's Hockey Family of the Year, and please vote!

Thank you so much for your help!! Again the voting link: http://wshe.es/Nh1tSHXY

Darian

View attachment 283263
As a neighbor over in the Argay Terrace neighborhood of Portland, I wave and say hello! Heading over to vote now :)

Reactions: DGS and Fenway

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Ha ha, yeah it's surprisingly tough to fit everything you want into a 60 second video. We have a lot of photos of us in bruins gear, but figured we had to support the local Winterhawks pretty hard;)

Thanks for the votes!!
Oh, I didn't know you had made the video yourselves. Great job! I figured that was why the Winterhawks gear was so prominent though. Good Luck! I'll keep voting as often as I remember.

Reactions: DGS

DGS

Jan 21, 2014
Portland, OR
Thanks everyone!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Looking forward to beating the Rangers today, but wish I could listen to Jack and Brick Instead of the NBC crew.

Reactions: Fenway

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Lived in Portland for a few years. Loved it.

The most comfortable I've ever been walking around a city late at night. Sad that has kinda gone the other way in recent years with the protests and all.

Supported the NHLtoPortland efforts while I was there. Loved the Winterhawks games.

They deserve an NHL team, just not sure there is enough there from the local government to warrant enough of a look. A rivalry between Portland, Vancouver, and Seattle would be epic. It already is in soccer.

DGS

Jan 21, 2014
Portland, OR

The most comfortable I've ever been walking around a city late at night. Sad that has kinda gone the other way in recent years with the protests and all.

Supported the NHLtoPortland efforts while I was there. Loved the Winterhawks games.

They deserve an NHL team, just not sure there is enough there from the local government to warrant enough of a look. A rivalry between Portland, Vancouver, and Seattle would be epic. It already is in soccer.

It's still a very safe and fun city to go out on the town in. There's been speculation about getting the NHL here for decades, and in the late 80's there were a bunch of exhibition NHL games to test the market. I saw Gretzky play here once. Portland actually has a rich hockey history, with the Winterhawks, the Buccaroos, and before that the Portland Rosebuds, who were the first US team to play in the Stanely Cup final in 1916. They lost to the Montreal Canadiens :ha:(f*** THE HABS!).

Thanks for all your votes, keep em coming!
2019-20 Toyota Hockey Family of the Year | Merchant#933101

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

For some reason, somehow the Moda Center is not big enough to be an NHL arena. It would take a brand new facility being built. With the passing of Paul Allen, who was really the big money behind it, I don't see the NHL ever getting here :-( I am still hopeful for the MLB though and am trying to be thankful that at least Seattle has a team and I'll get to see the Bruin's maybe every other year in person :)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
For some reason, somehow the Moda Center is not big enough to be an NHL arena. It would take a brand new facility being built. With the passing of Paul Allen, who was really the big money behind it, I don't see the NHL ever getting here :-( I am still hopeful for the MLB though and am trying to be thankful that at least Seattle has a team and I'll get to see the Bruin's maybe every other year in person :)

Bruins will play every year in Seattle :)

Reactions: DGS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad