Wes O'Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustynFoo

Oct 27, 2004
traded to windsor? from U of ND or the isles? either way, how would that be possible??...

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
JustynFoo said:
traded to windsor? from U of ND or the isles? either way, how would that be possible??...

Kingston owned his rights which they traded to Windsor for a draft pick. It's just an OHL deal.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Hmmmmm

I didn't hear about this, and it's infact very very interesting. I'm not trying to stir anything up, but this is usually the first step for a player to defect from the College ranks to the CHL. If a team is willing to trade for his rights, it means they've contacted him and gotten a positive response.

I'd love to see Wes in the OHL.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Brock said:
Hmmmmm

I didn't hear about this, and it's infact very very interesting. I'm not trying to stir anything up, but this is usually the first step for a player to defect from the College ranks to the CHL. If a team is willing to trade for his rights, it means they've contacted him and gotten a positive response.

I'd love to see Wes in the OHL.

O'Neil's getting a lot of icetime at Notre Dame this yr.It'd be foolish to leave college for an uncertain situation in the CHL :(

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I'm not sure it would be wise for O'Neill to leave.

Maybe Brock is right, maybe this trade indicates something is going on but I am not convinced of that.

I don't see what O'Neill's incentive would be. There are a couple of players who waste their time in College hockey but he is not one of them. He's doing pretty well and a leader on his team this year.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
It seems (ok, from just 1 game) that O'Neill is really progressing in at Notre Dame, and I don't know why he'd want to leave. It sounds like a bad idea all the way around. As much as he is making up the ground he lost on draft day, he still has lots to learn and prove in the NCAA.

And if he's thinking of re-entering the draft after next season to improve his position, or somehow doing some kind of Van Ryn (doesn't seem possible), then you'd think the current labour uncertainty would argue against that being a wise decision too.

I know nothing about the kid, but to be honest he didn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, so maybe there is some academic conflict? :dunno:

Anyway, if Windsor made the trade, they must have talked. Maybe nothing will come of it. If he does come here, hey, well and good for us OHL fans, but it's hard to find the logic in it right now.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
JasonMacIsaac said:
http://www.rinkratmag.com/noof.html

This forum has a good thread on it.

There's an article from the Windsor Star in the thread,but it doesn't provide a link.

O'Neill traded to Spits - OHL door opens for Essex native

Jim Parker
Windsor Star
December 14, 2004

O'Neill hadn't spoken to Kelly, but said he had heard about the deal.

"I found out about it today," O'Neill said Monday.

"I haven't thought about it, but I'm sure Mr. Kelly will call me," O'Neill said. ______

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad