Werenski vs Provorov

Who do you take going forward?

• Total voters

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Taken one pick apart, it's interesting to revisit this towards the end of their respective second seasons. The consensus is that Werenski had the better rookie year, but Provorov seems to have quite clearly had the better sophomore season, even beating Werenski on points.

Who do you take going forward?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Not that it'll matter to anyone, but Werenski has been playing injured for a long time this season. Hense his drop in production (as the rest of the team kind of sucks too) after being up there for defensive points in November or so.

Reactions: whitstifier

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Not that it'll matter to anyone, but Werenski has been playing injured for a long time this season. Hense his drop in production (as the rest of the team kind of sucks too) after being up there for defensive points in November or so.
I really want to know what this injury is and what kind of surgery/recovery is needed because his play has been so frustrating lately but we all know he isnt his usual self

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Is this your speculation? Heard nothing about any so called injury

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Ahh, I stand corrected... this explains a lot, he looks off. Far less explosive
Yeah we've noted tons of times where his effort wasnt the same getting back after pinching or his skating wasnt quite right. But at the same time he almost seems more reluctant to shoot so I have no idea what it is and likely wont know until after the season

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Yeah we've noted tons of times where his effort wasnt the same getting back after pinching or his skating wasnt quite right. But at the same time he almost seems more reluctant to shoot so I have no idea what it is and likely wont know until after the season
Its frustrating but hopefully it's nothing too serious

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013

:(

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Werenski, I thought the poll results would be closer

did not expect Provorov to lead with 80% wow

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Provorov has already overtaken Werenski and will so every year now going forward...Werenski had a good 1 year run against Provorov and now can battle lower tiered blueliners where he belongs.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I find it funny how bi-polar this page is and it really shows how much herd mentality and stat watching goes into voting. Before the season the opinion was like 60-40 in favor of Werenski which means a lot of the same people changed their opinion in a matter of a few months. Flyers fans said Provorov would blow up when he didn't have to play with AMac anymore and that's exactly what happened. I prefer a defenseman like Provorov myself, especially since we already have Ghost but most sane Flyers and Jackets fans agreed that this is really close and on any given year one could be better than the other. I guess the score is tied 1-1 between these two right now.

Last edited:

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I find it funny how bi-polar this page is and it really shows how much herd mentality and stat watching goes into voting. Before the season the opinion was like 60-40 in favor of Werenski which means a lot of the same people changed their opinion in a matter of a few months. Flyers fans said Provorov would blow up when he didn't have to play with AMac anymore and that's exactly what happened. I prefer a defenseman like Provorov myself, especially since we already have Ghost but most sane Flyers and Jackets fans agreed that this is really close and on any given year one could be better than the other. I guess the score is tied 1-1 between these two right now.
I don’t know if I’d use the word funny, but you’re right... It’s tough to take a very large number of people here seriously.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I like Provorov a whole lot he really impresses me every time I watch him play and his shot is just a rocket. Really wish we had him here in Dallas but oh well I would take him over Werenski but it's close

Reactions: Sasso09

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
DYNFZtJXUAAqKwa.jpg

Reactions: mikeyp24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->