Werenski, Bean, Gavrikov, Boqvist - And who else?

Which two defensemen of this group should be regulars in the top 6 Dmen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
This assumes there is general agreement on the 4 listed as starters (Some may take issue with Boqvist, but unless he’s not on your top 6 it doesn’t really matter). So the question is: Who among the remaining defensemen should also join these four as regulars?

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Peeke for sure. He’s been very good and I think an important part of our future.

The last spot is up for grabs and undecided. All of the options are either unproven or inconsistent. Right now I lean Bayruether, but Carlsson has played well this year. Kukan has the pedigree and is probably the best player of the bunch.

Reactions: Columbus Jack

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Peeke is a lock. Kukan is my second choice but Bayruether and Carlsson are close enough to where I don't mind if either get that spot. Harrington can stay in Cleveland.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Peeke for sure. He’s been very good and I think an important part of our future.

The last spot is up for grabs and undecided. All of the options are either unproven or inconsistent. Right now I lean Bayruether, but Carlsson has played well this year. Kukan has the pedigree and is probably the best player of the bunch.

Was coming in to say Peeke and whomever at any given point in time.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Peeke is a lock. Harrington is a waste of our time, frankly. Same with Bayreuther. Kukan is solid but I think he is what he is. Carlsson is showing a little something lately. I’d like to really see what he’s got.

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
Peeke has been excellent and Carlsson looks like he’s finally grabbing the opportunity. Kukan is too up and down for my vote.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Carlsson looks like he’s finally grabbing the opportunity. Kukan is too up and down for my vote.

Obviously if Carlsson keeps this up, he's a keeper. But chances are this is his "up" and he'll be back to down soon, just like Kukan, but slower.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
It is easy for my, the two extra defensemen bust have their focus on defense. So I cast Carlsson and Kukan.
For me it has been a close up with Peeke, but to exchange could only be a question lottery.
I however think the tree of them has been clearly better than both Bayreuther and Harrington.
Not sure the organization is ready to part with Harrington, which would be a risk, sending him down.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I've thought Peeke has looked bad, actually.

At the moment, I'd try Carlsson and Bayreuther. When Kukan is healthy, that's a different question. But give Peeke a couple games off and send Harrington to Kalamazoo.

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
I've thought Peeke has looked bad, actually.

At the moment, I'd try Carlsson and Bayreuther. When Kukan is healthy, that's a different question. But give Peeke a couple games off and send Harrington to Kalamazoo.

I agree with all of this. It's only been 10 games so far this season but I think right now Peeke barely looks like an NHL dman. He looks like he's great at blocking shots but that's about the only good thing I have seen him do. Usually he's horribly out of position or doing everything he can to avoid contact which is weird given that he doesn't mind blocking shots.

Reactions: DarkandStormy

makethesave

Nov 8, 2021
I agree with all of this. It's only been 10 games so far this season but I think right now Peeke barely looks like an NHL dman. He looks like he's great at blocking shots but that's about the only good thing I have seen him do. Usually he's horribly out of position or doing everything he can to avoid contact which is weird given that he doesn't mind blocking shots.
What games have you been watching ? Peeke leads CBJ defensemen with 16 hits. Peeke and Kuraly have been the most physical players for CBJ so far. As far as positioning, he has excellent net front presence and is most likely the one defenseman (along with Gavrikov) that I rarely worry about his positioning. Sure you don't have him confused with Bean ?

makethesave

Nov 8, 2021
Peeke and Carlsson. I would not have Boqvist in the top four. Gavrikov and Peeke should be the 2nd pairing right now.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
To be fair, he does have a regular role he fits very well. It's just as the #7, and that's not allowed for in the poll question.
While i think Harry has filled the role satisfactory in the past, going forward Seems to me Kukan or Carlsson should be the 7th.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Well, the poll is now closed. Peeke looks like the clear choice with a virtual split between Kukan and Carlsson. Bayreuther garnered half of each of their totals and Harrington…..well, hopefully Harry didn’t read this.

Thanks to all for participating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad